Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Omalley at highland did my sleeve' date=' each stage has been about 4 weeks. I was very glad to be done with purées! You feel much more normal when you get to eat some regular food! Who was your doc?[/quote']

Dr Gandhi at rgh was sleeved 3/20 been on liquids just got to add shakes today see him monday should beable to move to pureed and at 8 weeks to food.

Yea, it seems like every doc has a different plan for re-introducing foods

Yea' date=' it seems like every doc has a different plan for re-introducing foods[/quote']

Agree with ya there i had to do 5 days preop .... What has ur lose been how far.post op?

I am 2 months post op today and I am down a little over 35 lbs. I didn't really have a preop diet, and I had a stall at about 3 weeks but it broke eventually! I am looking forward to continued loss!

I was given the choice of Syracuse' date=' Rochester or Albany by my insurance company. All a ridiculously long ways away from where I live. I am looking into all of them though. How have they been to work with so far?[/quote']

Did you check out ithaca- CMC ? They are level 1 center of excellents.

HI everyone ... I am in Rochester and I'm schedule for surgery on April 30 ... I am getting it done at Highland by Dr. OMalley... I'm super excited. For those who had theirs done already what should I expect?

Congrats and best of luck!! Don't expect to get much sleep in the hospital, they are in and checking on you it seems like every 10 mins, but take the opportunity to walk as much as possible, I did all night long. Be honest with the nurses about the pain, so you make sure you stay ahead of it with pain meds. Don't expect to see dr Omalley much after the surgery but you will meet all of his students and residents, and they will ask you all the same questions over and over again. Just try to rest and walk. I was at highland with dr Omalley too, and everyone there was very nice. I didn't have much gas pain, I was just sore and thirsty!

Hey ROC sleevers!!! How are you??? Let's update!! I have been off boards for a while now...depressing seeing some fast loser stats when my loss seems slow...!

SW 10/25/12. 300

CW 225

5'10"

50/F

No regrets with my sleeve. I can eat almost anythng. I was very sick in hosp for 24 hrs aft surg and wondered what i'd gotten myself in to. Re HH, it's been ok but i dont like the fact that u never see the actual surgeon again. The PA is nice but bungled some things (like calling in pain meds aft surg), and cant answer simple surg Quest like what size bougie did the dr use? Lastly, PA told me to eat 1200-1500 cal a day at my 6 mos visit and NUT says 1000-1200. At 1500 i could not lose a pound so now am on 1000 cal and startng to lose again. I hope to get to 190 lbs by surgiversary date.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Hey ROC sleevers!!! How are you??? Let's update!! I have been off boards for a while now...depressing seeing some fast loser stats when my loss seems slow...!

SW 10/25/12. 300

CW 225

5'10"

50/F

No regrets with my sleeve. I can eat almost anythng. I was very sick in hosp for 24 hrs aft surg and wondered what i'd gotten myself in to. Re HH' date=' it's been ok but i dont like the fact that u never see the actual surgeon again. The PA is nice but bungled some things (like calling in pain meds aft surg), and cant answer simple surg Quest like what size bougie did the dr use? Lastly, PA told me to eat 1200-1500 cal a day at my 6 mos visit and NUT says 1000-1200. At 1500 i could not lose a pound so now am on 1000 cal and startng to lose again. I hope to get to 190 lbs by surgiversary date.

Hope everyone is doing great!!![/quote']

I had surgery on March 20

Started at 237

Currently 190

Went from a 20 to a 14 now i am still doing shake a day feel much better when i do :) hoping to lose another 40 by xmas i am getting 700 to 1000 cal a day

Wow Nicole that's great! You've really dropped some sizes!

Wow Nicole that's great! You've really dropped some sizes!

Thank you ive noticed i slow down when i stop drinking a shake i love the GNC total lean shakes :)

Hello all!! I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would update!

Surgery date: 1/28/13 @ 305

Cw: 242

Size 24 to size 18/20

Just trying to get more exercise in and keep carbs low! I have been learning how to use kettle bells and I am loving it!

Ricki!!!!! You're rockin that sleeve!!!! Great to see your update!!