Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble Getting Rid Of All My Plus Size Clothes

Ellie-cut the cord!!!!! Give them to Goodwill! Believe in yourself! This is working! And don't you need room in your closet for NEW beautiful clothes???? Just do it!!!

I had my surgery 3 years ago April 13. It took me a year to finally get rid of all my plus sizes. It was the best thing I ever did. I will never need them again.....because I will never let myself get to a size 24 again.

How much did u lose and now at 3 years what are you finding about maintenance, re-gain, restriction etc? I am right at 2 years now.

I lost 130 lbs. I started at 265 and landed at 132-135. I have not gained my weight back...but fluctuate between 135 -140. I am very paranoid about gaining my weight back. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and just before bed to really keep tabs. I make myself exercise 3-5 times a week and use myfitnesspal ... To keep track of my food. I've taken up golfing to stay active when I can't hit the gym. The restriction is still there...but I can eat more than I used too. It scares me. Pasta and bread still get stuck and so does steak and chicken. I eat candy and Cookies etc...feel like I'm slipping back into bad habits. I'm on this site hoping to find people like us...that are in the long term maintenance stage. Did that answer your questions? How are you feeling...restriction wise and so on.

I lost 130 lbs. I started at 265 and landed at 132-135. I have not gained my weight back...but fluctuate between 135 -140. I am very paranoid about gaining my weight back. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and just before bed to really keep tabs. I make myself exercise 3-5 times a week and use myfitnesspal ... To keep track of my food. I've taken up golfing to stay active when I can't hit the gym. The restriction is still there...but I can eat more than I used too. It scares me. Pasta and bread still get stuck and so does steak and chicken. I eat candy and Cookies etc...feel like I'm slipping back into bad habits. I'm on this site hoping to find people like us...that are in the long term maintenance stage. Did that answer your questions? How are you feeling...restriction wise and so on.

Yes that does help. Like I said I am about 23 mos out. Lost 100 lbs and reached my goal 250 to 150. I am 5'7" so good goal. I think I should have probably just kept strictly trying to lose maybe another 10 lbs but really jus started maintenance and have done pretty well. Got in bad habit of too many sweets and carbs so I am working on reversing that now. Restriction is still good IF I do what supposed to Protein first. Still can only eat 2-2 oz of beef chicken and other dense Protein. Have gained about 10 lbs but think my body likes it here and still within normal range bmi and my clothes size 8-10. I do need to exercise more but .... ????. Just came home from Dallas for wknd and Talbots, Macys, Ross and Marshall's made my wallet MANY $$$ lighter. Lol. Such a joy to walk into a store and pull those clothes off the rack

It really helps all of us to know and hear from success stories that are YEARS out!!!

pack them up and throw away the key.

I just got rid of the size 14 pants I had from 2004 which I thought were so small! They are now huge as I just bought another pair of express pants yesterday...size 10! Sell them on eBay!

I'm just about to get my size 14s out. As I said in another thread, I am having a little trouble getting rid of the clothes I really like, but I must because they no longer flatter me at all. Pants that are too big show my lower stomach pooch too much. Yuck.

Another reason that I'm having trouble is the second guessing. I too saved clothes and had pants from size 20 to size 6. I've since given away the 20 and 18s. I don't know why nixing the 16s is so hard. I'll do it anyway. but it's funny. I have some cargo pants, jeans and tops that I really like. Damn! Oh well. It's worth it!

Wondering if anyone else is like me. I have almost every size clothes in my closets. Seriously from size 8 jeans that I wore for about a minute when I lost weight ten years ago to the size 24 that I was wearing before my surgery, and every size in between.

Although I am over 6 months out, and really feel like I have done great, I'm still nervous about getting rid of all my plus size clothes. At first, it was so exciting donating all the 3X tops that I never really liked but had to buy to cover myself. I did ok getting ride of the 2X clothes too, even though I had some really nice things for work. But now that I am wearing a regular size Large or X-Large, I feel nervous about getting rid of my 1X sizes for good. Many of them are like new and were my goal for so long. Since I've struggled with weight my whole life, part of me, the partical side that has past history to prove it, wants to pack them away.....'just in case'. Everyone says I need to get rid of them permamently, to put that life behind me for good.

I don't want to wear them, since I'm smaller I want more fitting clothes but I keep parking them away. I'm sure it has something to do with fear and disbelief that I can actually keep the weight off for good. I know this but still seem more attached than I should be.

Anyone else had the same conflict?

I have the same difficulties! It is really hard, but I go ahead and donate the clothes to a non-profit where they have a hard time getting clothes. I wait until is is ridiculous for me to wear them in public anymore though, because I am very frugal. With the jeans, I may wear them five or ten times and then I am done with them.

There is a lady out there who needs them more than I do.

We hold onto the larger sizes because we are used to failing. I worry too, but I think it is okay to get rid of the clothes.