Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is a rather indelicate subject, but I'm either constipated or dumping and there doesn't seem to be much in between -- sometimes they both happen in ONE DAY! The Constipation hasn't been bad enough to take Miralax.< /p>

I'm four months and one day out today.

I discussed this with my physician on my three-month check-up and they said they think it will regulate itself.

I'm just weary of it. I'm at a conference and naturally I'm dumping ... so I have to run to the hotel room every once in awhile to make sure I don't have an accident.

This just seems like a little much!!

Any input is welcome.

Onward,

Carol

Are you lactose intolerant, or suspicious that you might have become so after surgery? Many years ago, before I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance, I experienced many of the same symptoms as you are describing. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using VST

That's a reallly interesting observation WhoozisAnyway. Interesting that I had a omelet with cheddar cheese in it just before dumping problems the last two days.

But I had some manchego cheese with a tapas meal I ate last night to no ill effect.

I've decided to start journaling in the notes on my phone when I have dumping issues and what I ate just before that, because something is sure causing issues.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!!!!

Onward,

Carol

cheese has very little lactose. Neither does yogurt. Everyone's body reacts differently though. I can eat cheese and yogurt with no issues, but milk products give me dumping and hives, things like cottage cheese and whey Protein just give me hives. I've given up trying to understand it, but you are on the right track in keeping a food diary and marking times that you got sick. I'm sure you will find a common denominator somewhere. I've been lactose intolerant for 20+ years, but I've read on this board that a lot of people develop it post surgery.

Good luck to you!

Now I'm confused. I though dumping was a whole different animal than diarrhea and that sleevers didn't get dumping syndrome. How do you know if it is dumping or upset stomach?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dumping-syndrome/DS00715/DSECTION=symptoms

I can only speak to my own experiences, but when I have a "dumping" episode due to a milk product, it starts with a stomach ache, followed with terrible gas pains, cold sweats, cramping and then don't get between me and the bathroom. Not to be too graphic, but I can literally lose my entire meal almost the same way as throwing up. All of this can happen in less than an hour. This is COMPLETELY unrelated to the sleeve. Extreme stress or drastic change in diet and eating times also bring on the attacks for me. Luckily I've had many years to learn my triggers and avoid them, but in the beginning I had to take stomach tranquilizers. After an episode, I could then be constipated, sometimes for days.

From what I've read and seen with family members who have experienced dumping from excessive sugar (they had a RnY), it's pretty much the same type of symptoms as what I've experienced. IBS, dumping, lactose intolerance, I think it's all very similar, and not something you want to have. The trick is to learn your triggers and avoid them at all costs!

The OP may be experiencing dumping because she has developed a sensitivity to something that may not have bothered her before. I may be completely wrong as to what is causing her issues, just offered my two cents so she can check it out.

I think dumping and diarrhea are pretty much the same thing, although dumping seems to have a bit of velocity to it. (Yikes!!) When stuff wants to get out, it's pretty urgent.

I usually figure that dumping is associated with my sleeve not liking something I've introduced into it, like how it didn't like veggies for the longest time and way after I was allowed to eat them. I started out with cooked veggies, then eased into raw ones which really gave it fits. But now raw veggies are fine, which is good because I like them a lot.

eggs seem to be my go-to food these days. Love them scrambled, deviled, poached, frittatted, in omelets, etc. I probably eat too many of them, but they're so versatile.

Questions:

• Do sleevers ever get completely over dumping? And when can you expect that to happen?

Thanks you guys!!

Onward,

Carol

I could be wrong but doesn't dumping have to do with eating sugar...or fruits high in fructose?

Could u just be having some food intolerances? I hear many people develop that after they get sleeved. Haven't had surgery yet but my surgeon told me that sleeves don't get dumping because their wasn't any bypassing, just my 2 cents