Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Buy New Clothes?

Or better yet, when did you throw out the old ones? Today I held up my jeans as I walked around work because I'd forgotten my belt. I have two closets FULL of clothes. I think I'm afraid I'll have nothing to wear if I start throwing stuff out but I can't keep looking crazy in last year's jeans. I was trying to wait until my panties got too big but that hasn't happened yet. What did you do in your "in between" stage?

Goodwill! It's a great place for tops anyway. Until now, I've been buying jeans and pants retail, but now I'm finding pants in "my" size at GW, so I'll be saving some money until I get to goal! :)

I went to a Thrift Store and got some basic pants and tops in various sizes to kind of tide me over. A lot cheaper than buying new clothes that I am going to shrink out of in a few months!

I bought stretchy yoga type pants & I went to resale stores. As I bought different clothes I would either donate or give my old things to my daughter that is losing weight too... then she is going to donate as she loses weight. She didn't have surgery. I just parted with my 3 favorite tops...they were way to big! Not sad at all...as I can wear a large instead of 2 or 3 X. Good luck.

I threw out some of my clothes that are older and I've had for years.

For some of the newer, nicer things I have I am planning to use my sewing machine to take them in some. I have quite a few things waiting on me to do it since right now I only have a couple of things I can wear.

My dad said he would buy me all the new clothes I need on the way down, but I feel bad taking him up on it just yet. When I get to over 100 lbs lost, I may let him buy me a few new things.

I can't stand wearing baggy clothes so I check the clearance rack everywhere I go now. Also check out Marshall's and Burlington Coat Factory for some good deals. I don't want to spend a ton of money on transitional sizes but it's definitely a mental boost when actually buy and wear te smaller size!

Goodwill has worked for me. However, I only buy my jeans or Capri's there. Funny thing, before when I went to look for a size 26 jeans I couldn't find them at Goodwill, now I see them there all the time. Also, I shop at Goodwill's outside my town. I immediately started donating my clothes to Goodwill. Good riddance. I don't want to see them again.

I just hit a great clearance at sears! They had tons of $3.99 racks and I spent $100 on all sizes of stuff including Levi's!

I have two big tubs of clothes in my attic that I have saved. It is really awesome to pull stuff out that was way too small just two short months ago, which now fit! I have some clothes stashed away in a variety of sizes, stuff that I paid too much for to part with, so I will have a few things to wear for the next few size changes. But once I get to a size 10 I am planning a MAJOR shopping spree!

I suggest buying clothes on eBay. You can find new as well as "pre-owned" in excellent condition for pennies on the dollar.

OMG! You guys are great! Thank you for all of your advice. I actually popped into my local Walmart and they were having a $5, $7, $9, $11 sale on women's clothes. I bought a XXL jacket for $5 that actually closes! I'm gonna stick with the cheap stuff until I get to a more permanent size. Thanks again!