Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Everyone, What Did You Buy?

What did you all buy for post op? From food containers to protiens. I'm going to start making my list soon. :)

Too much!

Buy as necessity proves a need - and be sure you really need it.

Don't be afraid to but samples and such, rather than big tubs of protien powder - especially if you start to show a trend of tiring of a drink quickly. Switch it up too!

Good luck!

I feel like I've gone crazy preparing.

I have different types of Protein (shakes, powder, hot chocolate, Jello, pudding, broth -- I don't know what will taste good after surgery...lol), a heating pad, Gas X strips, Gatorade and Propel, baby spoons, small plates, crystal light, my Vitamins, and liquid Tylenol.

I hope that's all I'll need.

PS - go buy a tshirt that is too tight - really clingy - all over and keep it for when you need reassurance you are loosing. It is as good as any tape measurer! lol.

I bought the Gas-X strips and Beano (never needed either). I bought beef and chicken Soup base (more flavor than bouillion). Spicy Top Ramens (prepared as directed-gave away noodles drank broth). Apple Juice/White grape juice. Tons of finely crushed ice (some people have trouble with ice after-but i didn't). Jello. I don't do artificial sweeteners but if you do then Crystal Light's are nice to have around. Herbal Teas. My doctor started us on Soft foods very soon after surgery-so I bought some Soups I could puree easily and also refried Beans.< /p>

I did buy some ramekins to cook/heat/serve smaller portions of food in. Prepared or served in regular bowls makes it look like you are being deprived. I did use baby spoons for a day or so then switched ot regular.

sugar free Popsicles they are my saving grace especially when I get the munchies.

I can say when I got home I LOVED my small bowels I think they hold 2-3oz. They would be considered ramekins. They were perfect for Soup and just what my belly liked for portion size.

I know not earth friendly..but paper bowls..plates otherwise I would have been out of dishes and silverware for my few bites of food..I also have plastic cups disposable that I make my shake in every morning and take to work..I would go through a ton a dishes otherwise

Unjury chicken Soup broth was the best thing I bought.

I bought a bunch of stuff I hated after surgery too - like the Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage.

Definitely order samples so u know if u like them after surgery - I wasted a lot of money buying full size products

variety pack of single serving Syntrax Nectar pouches. Ditto ProtiZyme and Bariatric Advantage. A Blender Bottle. Carnation dry milk powder (to up the Protein in soft foods). Tons of Eddy's Low Sugar popsicles. Itty bitty food storage containers (to transport my comically tiny food portions to work). A pillow pet to use as belly protection. I would place it over my belly when I slept so that my cat wouldn't climb on my sore belly. I also placed it between my belly and the seatbelt whenever I was in the car. I saved up chicken bones and skin and used that to make my own broth, which is what I lived off of the first week post op. I already had one, but I highly recommend and blender stick. I checked out a ton of books from the library on wls. My favorite was "It Ain't Over 'til the Thin Lady Sings." I bought a huge pack of baby spoons. Never used them...

I'm getting a fitbit as a reward for meeting my first goal. But boy I wish I'd had one from day one!

Syntrax Matrix sample packs and SF Torani syrup!

Mix banana matrix Protein, skim milk, some sf Carmel Syrup and BAM! Bananas foster milkshake packed with 33g of protein!!

where do you get torino Syrup egg face uses it thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

I bought some from Walmart, it was in the coffee isle with other flavored ones that were not sugar free. The sugar free ones are harder to find.

They have sugar free Torani syrups at cost plus world market if you have one in your area.

Besides what others mentioned above, I think the things that really helped me out were smaller containers and silverware. I bought a bunch of toddler sized bowls and silverware to help keep my portion and servings under control. I also bought a bunch of small tupperware like containers to put my work meals into. And SF popsicles and fudgecicles. God I love those. They have been a real lifesaver in this.