Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pay Financing

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can go to see about getting a loan for my surgery that I need to have. I have tried a couple of places but they want your credit score to be like 750 and I am not at that. Any suggestion for fair credit loans?

I know many people that go to Mexico end up getting loans thru their bank because they find many times they have lower interest rates. Surgeries in Mexico are much cheaper than the USA so you would end up getting a lower amount loan which means it will be easier to get than the higher amounts. My surgeon has an amazing surgical history and his surgery is $5500 USD. I will be spending less than $6000 total including airfare and everything else. So you might want to consider that too. There are cheaper surgeons in Mexico also and some more expensive, so I would suggest that if you decide to go that route you do your research and decide what is best for you. I chose my surgeon based on his qualifications, the qualifications of his anesthesiologist (this is super important and most people who not consider it) and his team as a whole. As well as the location of the surgery, for me I find having a full equipped hospital to be essential for my safety in case God forbid something bad happens. Good luck and feel free to ask if you have any questions!

I stayed in the US. Financed with credit card and Care Credit. Wanted a local doctor that could meet me at the hospital if I had an emergency. That benefit worth the price difference in my mind.

The great thing is that we can all choose what is best for us. Mine was not so much about the price as it was about the experience level of the surgeon, my surgeon has been doing this surgery for over 7 years and most US doctors only about 3 years. I hope all went well with your surgery.

Do you have a home? A home equity loan might work.

Call President Obama... it's an election year! :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your dilemma and I wish there was an easy answer for you. I just get frustrated because there are so many Americans out there who really need help - such as you - but can't get it because our government squanders so much money on the undeserving. I think probably the easiest way for you would be to apply for a credit card and use that. Qualifying standards change from one lender to another and, while you may not qualify for one, you may for another. I really wish you the best of luck!

I went through Care Credit, medloanfinance.com and efinancing-solutions.com - our scores are only about 630 right now. The crappy thing with medloanfinance and efinancing-solutions is that they are loan finders & they charge high finders fees. They do work them into our loan, unlike one company that wanted us to pay the fees upfront, but the fees are high. Right now, it's the only way we could finance it though. We decided that it's worth the fees to get it done, but I know that's not the right thing for everyone!

Honestly I know in Mexico they have amazing doctors with much more experience there's a forum. You'll pay around $6000 total and you can do maintaince here because I saw my bill like 3 times I couldn't believe it. Hospital $17 K for 4 days, anesthesia $1100 plus doctor $11000 Scary yes. Good luck!!!

Through my doctor they use a company called efinancing, or financing solutions, my surgery is 4500 in Mexico and I look forward to having this done! It was simple process too!

Thank you for the information I called them and I think that I may be approved so keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck..