Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Fast Did You Drop Sizes?

I'm having surgery may 24 th, they said to start picking up smaller sizes when we see a good deal. I'm a size twenty two right now, i bought a size sixteen pants. Even though i know i will reach sixteen and pretty fast, i also feel like i shouldn't have gotten them because I'll never be that small... if that makes sense lol.

So how about you guys, what sizes did you start out at and how fast did you drop? :)

I noticed it took a lot longer to drop sizes at first, I had to lose 45 pounds to go down a size...it was pretty discouraging. I also started at a 22-24, then all of a sudden I am wearing a size 10!

I noticed it took a lot longer to drop sizes at first, I had to lose 45 pounds to go down a size...it was pretty discouraging. I also started at a 22-24, then all of a sudden I am wearing a size 10!

I started out at a 20 and now I am at a 16. It seems really slow. I've been at a size 16 for quite a while. Some 14s fit, but they are tight. Someone told me that the differences between sizes (especially in the single digits) are less as you work your way down. It must be true because at 130 I was a size 6 or 8/9. At 185 and a little over halfway to goal I am a 16 down from a 20.

I'm only six weeks out but I've lost 21 pounds and haven't dropped a size yet. My pants are a bit baggy but I haven't whipped out the belt yet. I'm waiting for my pants to start falling off before I buy new ones. LOL

I think it took me three months to go from 22 to 16. I say think because I didn't want to buy new clothes. When my co-workers started giving me "the funky look" I finally went out and started purchasing new items. Other than a pair of first goal jeans, I haven't purchased any items smaller than what I am currently because I could always hem/adjust them to fit. That way I could go from 16 to 12 without having to purchase a 14. It saves alot of money. And, with the way the weather has been lately, you never know if your new outfit will be in season.

I haven't gotten any so far only thing I have gotten is a pair of shoes.... My current clothes are just fitting better... I want them falling off before I get buy anything also

Around month 4 I had to buy new cloths. All my cloths were way to baggy. I started in a size 18 and skipped 16's and went to a size 14. It was a rapid change. I wish I would have gone to the Goodwill but instead went to Macy's and bought a couple of items. Now I wear a size 6/8 pants, Medium blouse. Oh I have bought a lot of bras. ;)

I had my sleeve on the 18 of April and I have lost 24 lb in 8 day the doc said that is too fast but is ok cause that is the point and from the 5 day liquid deit Pre- post I have lost 34 lb

I am six weeks out and went from a 34 to a 30. I had kept one pair of jeans from before and they were 32, tried them on and they are too big. Even the two pair of new pants I got for work last weekend are feeling roomy already. Oh the joys of being sleeved.

I had my surgery on May 16th and I have lost 14lbs thus far and i tried on a size 16 (i wear an 18) and it fit but, was a little tight.

I lost 26 lbs so far and I haven't dropped a size yet. I think the clothes that I wore were tight because I was always stretching my shirts out to fit. With that said, those clothes now fit without having to stretch and I can dry most of my stuff now.

I like my clothes to be extremely comfortable. So I was wearing a size 24 (depending on the store a 22). Now I can wear a 14 (to me that means I can put on my pants without undoing the button). I no that means that I am really a size 12. It has been 13 months since surgery. I can say that my bras have changed the most 46DD to 36D..

I started out at a very tight size 18 and now I'm into a size 10, but it's pretty loose (almost 9 months out). I was dead set about not buying any clothes until I really needed them, and I was disappointed at first because I didn't need a smaller size for about 2 months. I had some size 16 and 14 at home and moved into those between 2 1/2 to 5 months out. I bought my first size 12 at about 6 months out and then the weight loss really slowed down, so I bought a bunch of stuff in size 12 from 6-8 months out. Now I've dropped from a 12 to a 10 and will probably be in a size 8 in the next month or so. I'm not upset that I'm still losing (not at all!!!), but I've wasted a bunch of money on clothes that don't fit anymore! My advice is to buy second hand clothes, really cheap stuff on sale, or ask friends for old stuff. If not, it sure is fun to buy small sizes, but just understand that the weight will keep coming off... even if you're not really trying anymore!

Wow congratulations . thats a great change I can't wait till I start droppin sizes

Oh, yeah... same with the bra sizes... I started at a 38DDD and now im a 34DD. I've probably wasted about $300 on bras because I assumed I would never get smaller than my smallest bra size (36DD) before I gained weight. My boobs are much saggier now than before, so my bra size is different. I would suggest trying to wear sports bras or something that you can move down in size in without much trouble.