Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10 days post op and I'm second guessing my decision to do this. I know I can't go back now but I'm questioning my decisions. I'm fighting depression which I've had under control for the past 9+ years. I'm having trouble sleeping to point I'm resorting to using my pain medicaitons to knock me out. I'm having hot flashes and freezing my b/f out of the house (the a/c is at 70). After vomitting my lunch yesterday I've had pain where my stomach is and hurts just to touch that area. I'm sure I'm just feeling sorry for myself and might be feeding into the depression but I'm not sure how to pull out of this funk. My surgeon's office did call a few minutes ago to check on me, which is odd as it was not scheduled and I did not expect it. I told them what i'm feeling and they will talk to my doctor and call me back later.

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time. I'm glad you told your surgeon's office what is going on. Hope you get some answers as to why you are feeling this way. Feel better soon!

I've never come across anyone who has regretted this in the long run. At 10 days you should maybe just be coming off Clear liquids and on to full liquids. If you vomit, you are either eating/drink too fast, too much or are eating/drink something your sleeve is not ready to handle yet.

I cannot speak to the depression, but I know that with my health getting better, I have a MUCH better mood and outlook on life. Sometimes I literally feel like dancing.

Take this time to pamper yourself. Go shopping, get a haircut, watch favorite movies, read great books. take long walks in pretty places.

You are not a sorry, funky heap. You are a healing person getting ready to be healthier that ever before.

Oh, I will send you warm fuzzies. Hang in there, your body has just gone thru a whole lot of readjusting. Sometimes we want things to change right away, and it does not. Take each day as it comes. Put a sweatshirt out, for your boyfriend, and say, sorry. Good luck.

Top weight 260

surgery 12/12/11

todays weight -62 198

Fat cells store hormones. As you lose the fat, those hormones are released into your body. Hence the temperature issues and emotions. Keep taking in fluids in any form that you can. This, too, shall pass.

I understand what you are going through. I felt the same way at that point. I did get on an antidepressant and that helped tremendously. Only 12 weeks out and all of that pain from the surgery and days of feeling down are quickly becoming a distant memory. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Keep coming to this board. It was a big help to me as well. Take care.

I also feel the same way, I was sleeved April 18th so only 8 days out. I find myself wondering what did I do to myself? I self inflicted pain on myself, although I know it was pain to make me a healthier and happier person. I just know right now it sucks, watching everyone around me eat as I'm drinking my Water. Its a weird feeling because I know I don't the food, I think its all mental. I just keep telling myself its going to get better, I know it will its just going to take time. I also find myself taking my pain meds at night to sleep. I had been sleeping in the chair and last night was my first night in my own bed, but my back is still killing me or I should say my whole body is so sore. Well goodluck and hang in there, I know its going to get better from here.

Honestly, regret is a useless emotion in this situation. It's been done, you can't reverse it, so why waste time thinking "what if?" Just take it day by day and realize that it's all temporary roadblocks and it will get better.

We all have buyers remorse at some point, but you will get through it. Once you see the weight melting off, you will feel better.

Hugs to you, sorry you are having a funk right now. It does get better, I promise. Do something for yourself, a little pampering works wonders! As soon as that weight starts dropping off you will be the happiest person...I was! Best of luck to you.

Hang in there Condessa. Talk to your doc about the worsening depression symptoms. As for the vomiting, see what the surgeon has to say about that and the pain to touch. Keep us posted and keep your chin up. :)

I kind of went through that.. "what the heck did I do to myself" thing... I went through the depression and crying all the time... It gets better!!! I promise.. just take one day at a time, dedicate yourself to this journey and enjoy the positive changes that are occurring!! You can do this!!!!

Hang in there! That regret will one day change to "I wish I had done this years ago". : )

Hugs and more hugs...I am prepared to struggle with this also. I am glad for this site because I learned this can happen to people who have had issues with depression prior to surgery and why it happens. The good thing is you know whats happening. The why is because of the release of hormones from your fat cells. Get in to see a counselor ASAP if you feel its necessary. There is NOTHING wrong with seeking help to get you through this and just know that when your body adjusts, this all will pass...I havent had surgery yet but have been on anxiety meds for years and have had struggles in previous years with depression due to LIFE stuff so I know what you are going through...rest rest rest...and keep up with Protein and fluids and baby yourself as much as possible...

Hang in there! That regret will one day change to "I wish I had done this years ago". : )

Fully agree