Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon To Ride

Life is great since my sleeve. My moto gear fits again. But getting loose. But that's why they have adjustable waist I'm no longer the fat chic on a bike. On the 4th July I gave bf a ride. That evening when we heading for fireworks. He told me he wanted to ride. I told him no problem I have 2 bikes which one you gonna ride. He said we go one one bike n he be in control. Lol. Ya rt. I told little man if he was better rider no problem. But I wasn't ready to die yet. He smiled and got on the back. Now if I could train him not to move around. Oh well

I got a ride in on August 14, 2012 and I got sleeved August 16, 2012. Doctor Korn and Bill his assistant said as soon as I am off of the pain meds and strong enough to hold up the bike I can ride. Right now it will be a few days as I am sore in the mid-section! I will post when I may the first one!!!

Ok, on Friday 8/24/12 my doctor said it is ok to ride! My son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter can to visit and headed home today. So I went for a thirty mile. Fantastic! No problems!!!!!!

Wow, heated gear was never needed before and I have riden at 12 degrees. I rode last week at 30 degrees and I was freezing!

It seems like it's been awhile since anyone has posted in this forum, so hopefully somebody will catch this post and reply back. I'm a rider too and was sleeved on 12/26. I live in the Northeast, so the weather is not good for riding anyway. However, I'm an avid rider when the season starts and I have a major ride planned at the end of March, from MD to Alabama and back. I have ridden all over e.g. cross country 2x, Canada etc. and never had a problem with these long hauls. My question is this, how long did it take for those that ride to ride again post sleeve. Riding is my life (or a major part of it) so, I'm really praying that I will be ready to get back on the open road by March.

I'm a newbie here, actually this is my first post if it works! I am in the process of getting everything together for my insurance company to approve my sleeve surgery. Hoping to have my surgery maybe by the end of March if all goes as planned!!

But at the same time I am a rider!!! I can't wait to be thin and get back on my bike!!! Can't wait to ride horses again too!! To anyone thinking about taking the class to learn how to ride, it was the best thing I had ever done!!! It's a great way to learn to ride!!! And maybe we should have a skinny girl VSG ride!!!

Spoke to my Doc last Thursday and he said 6 weeks before riding. April 24th is already marked on my calendar!! lol

I've been riding since I was 17 it will be 20 years in July. My wife decided she wanted to try riding herself and I took the MSF course with her to support her goal. I got her a little ninja 250 to start on.. She rode it 3 times after passing the class and decided she preferred to be a passenger. It just wasn't for her, but I was proud that she went through with it, and learned. It made her a better passenger too! We sold her bike and used the money to get a nice corbin seat for my bike with a backrest so she's more comfortable on longer trips.. The best part is I can move the back rest up to my back when she's not on the bike.. lol

Well I see some folks finally posted in this particular forum. An update, I was sleeved on Dec 26 and posted regarding being ready to ride from MD to Alabama by March. Well I did it, with no problems. Back in the saddle again and losing weight on a regular pace. Eventually, I hope to look pretty darn good going down the road. One of the things I did was to take a couple of store bought Protein Shakes with me on the road. When I seem to get hungry, which wasn't a lot, I would drink one of the shakes which held me for a couple more hours. In fact it took that long for the shake to really go through the sleeve. I also ate a couple of Peanut Butter Cookies while on the road. I'm still struggling with the whole eating thing cause when your on the road, your meals are from restaurants. These days one meal from a restaurant will last me a couple of days. My friends are always laughing at me, cause as soon as they bring the meal out the first thing I say is bring me a to go carton. I waste so much food. Anyway to the riders, good luck to you all.

Glad to hear the trip went well. I am really excited to get back on the bike. Last year, my father, 2 brothers and I rode from NJ to the Laconia Rally. I'm hoping to do some runs this year, but will probably keep them semi-local. Right now I feel I need to be close to a bathroom.. lol

One of my dream rides is to go from Jersey to Sturgis, and also Jersey to Daytona. My brother did Daytona this year, but I wouldn't have returned until 2 days before surgery and I felt that was pushing it, and I probably wouldn't have stuck with the pre-op diet while being down there.

I'll get there though :)

I was sleeved on March 6th. Down 26 lbs and been stuck 10 days! I am so bummed.. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

I am leaving May 9th from Florida for a month long ride thru New Orleans, Natchez trace parkway, Cherohala skyway, the Dragon and up the Blue ridge & skyline drive landing in Boston end of May.. I was so looking forward to riding skinnier and buying a smaller jacket but the weight loss is totally stalled. I feel good and journal everything I eat.. calories, carbs and fats are all low. starting to get more exercise now that my belly is healed.. Hope that helps! :(

Be safe and ride hard!!

I was sleeved feb 21, 2012, i ahve lost all the fat, and i am a size 2 now. my motorcycle riding gear it way to big for me now. OMG i look like im swimming in it, my gloves and boots and helmet are the only things the fit now. I would love to get a fitted leather riding suit, omg that would be so sexy :) the guys already drul now. LOL

i still love riding, I am riding on and off road, but what i have noticed, since i lost all the wt. my motorcycles feel so much heavier now. and i tire out faster. and i have to eat every 2 hrs or my blood sugar gets dangerously low. now i joke that i eat way more food now than i did when i was fat. im alwasy carring food wiht me now. and i feel like i am alwasy stuffing my face. and i ahve to eat ice cream in order to get enough caleries in or i keep loosing wt. i can already fit into little girls jeans, so loosing more wt isnt an option for me