Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Not Loosing Anymore

I had my surgery on April 4 and have lost 12 lbs since surgery. I lost 20 on the pre-op but I haven't lost any for over a week. I am so confused on what to eat, how much how to get in the Protein.< /p>

If any one has any suggestions, please help. It seems like I can eat more than they say I should be able to and how do you get in the 90 grams of protein required if you shouldn't eat all day. A typical day for me is : b- protein shake; L - chicken salad or tuna salad S-greek yogart D-some other type of protein with a veg. - thats it. But I can eat a fair amount. - sometimes I am still hungry but try not to eat, If I am really hungry I will grab a couple of slices of Swiss cheese and some Turkey Lunchmeat. - Should I eat completely fat free and carb free??

I know I am adicted to the scale, but what am I doing wrong?? - oh and I do drink my 64 oz of liquid mostly Water a day.

Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat. I haven't seen the scale go down in seven days. Yes, it's frustrating, but as long as you're doing what you're supposed to, then I would say just keep doing it. I have read on here that there are people who don't loose anything for awhile and then one day they wake up and BAM...they lost 10-15lbs. Everyone's body is different. Also, my husband and I were talking and I am sure our bodied feel as thought we are starving them. When you go to over 2000 calories a day to 400-600 a day I am sure our bodies think we're starving and begin holding on to the food. This will change over time. Keep you head up. I now it's hard but trust that in time the scale will move again and before long you will be at your goal weight. :) Best of luck to you.

You know you're a sleever when you hit the 2- to 3-week stall! Most of us have experienced it, and it definitely causes a ton of posts just like yours. :-) Search for "2-week stall" or "3-week stall" and you'll find a lot of folks who have been through this and come out the other side just fine (including yours truly). Just keep following your plan and getting in your Water as best you can. This, too, shall pass!!

Sometimes u think the journey has ended but think about it this way sometimes we have curved ball thrown at us and have to take a differ path okay start weighing ur food like meats for me its only 2oz n that too much for me start walking and moving around of u do 30 mins try for 45 mins next time use my Fitness pal if haven't these some basic tools that I started with and if don't have bowl movement that can also slow the weight lost

Omg! I was sleeved on March 12th and I'm at a stall right now. From the pre op diet to today I've lost about 30lbs. And that's it, nothing else. The scale seems to not move. I even checked it to make sure it was functioning properly lol...but seriously though, I guess if there's so many of us experiencing these "stalls" at some point, it might be normal. Hmmm.

I went thru the 3 week stall and now I'm in a 5 week stall......it is frustrating but I try and remember that before the sleeve I was in a lifetime stall........ I was sleeved on march 21 and weighed 258 on surgery day and am only down 238. Some people say well u coulda saved all that money and done that on your own but I couldn't of because I was a food addict. Idk I am upset but all I can do is try harder.

I went thru the 3 week stall and now I'm in a 5 week stall......it is frustrating but I try and remember that before the sleeve I was in a lifetime stall........ I was sleeved on march 21 and weighed 258 on surgery day and am only down 238. Some people say well u coulda saved all that money and done that on your own but I couldn't of because I was a food addict. Idk I am upset but all I can do is try harder.

I love the comparison to lifetime stall. I will have to add that to my inner dialouge when I'm upset over my stalls.

Don't let the naysayers belittle your progress. They couldn't lose 20 pounds in a month but you did!

Patkaye- I can't say anything other than what has already been said. Patience is key. Don't be discouraged and continue doing what you know you should. Your body will catch up to your brain :)

Yup, dreaded stall(s). It makes you question EVERYTHING - why did I do this to myself? am I really physiologically different than all other humans and the amount of food I consume has nothing to do with how much I weigh? am I eating too much? am I eating too little? should I be pumping Iron? should I try to run? (<-- hahaha, yeah, right... I can still barely walk, but by the grace of God I CAN walk)

Rest assured, my love, you WILL lose weight. It may be not at the same pace as others, but it will happen.

90 grams of Protein? That's a lot of Protein to try to get in.

Had the same problem but my doctor said that the sleeve is like a roll a coaster ride it keeps going down but in spurts have gone a week nothing then in 3 days 8 pounds in the three months since surgery i have lost 62 pounds just not smoothly

Stalls are apart of my journey to be healthy, I look at them a little different now then I did that FIRST STALL, I freaked the first time thinking I had lost all I was going to and omg what had I done to myself. Amazingly when the stall broke and the scale moved I had lost several inches and several pounds, I was so thankful for my sleeve and relieved.

I look at the stalls as a time for my body to catch up with the weight loss. Our bodies need time to readjust, change shape, and rest from all the changes we are put them through.

Everyone is different and their bodies react differently to the changes. We have put these bodies through the ringer, pre op diets, surgery and then not feeding them the way they were use to, they need time to catch up.

Surgery is a big part of it, the body needs time to heal. I didn't think it was that big of a deal because the outside didn't look that bad, 5 little scars didn't seem like much but when you look at what they did inside and how much of the stomach they took out, it is a BIG thing.

Remember we didn't get this way over night and we won't lose it overnight either. I know that I have chosen the best way for me to over come the weight and be healthier then ever before and with everything in our lives there comes a time for readjustment and the body is no different.

I weight and measure once a week (Tuesday) and have found that if the scale isn't moving the tape measure is. It's not just about the weight it is also the inches.

Keep up the awesome work the scale will move.

I am in the same boat. I was sleeved on 4/10. I have lost almost 20 lbs since then (which I am very happy about!), but for the past few days I have been stuck at the same number. I am hoping that I will get on sometime this week and have lost a chunk. Who knows. It will come off. It WILL!!! :)

I was also sleeved on 4/4 and I guess I am at that hated stall. I have to believe the scale will move since I am doing everything I am supposed to. Just trying to be patient.

My sleeve was 4/3 and I have lost 25 lbs but I haven't lost anything in over 10 days. It's very frustrating for sure but I'm not exercising like I should. I work to many hours!

I am guilty of not exercising like I should too. I get out and walk and ride horses but I do not commit to 30-45 min of "exercising".

It happens!!! I would suggest you take your measurements as well... I wasn't dropping pounds, but the inches were flying off!!

Stay encouraged and keep following the plan!!