Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delaware Sleevers- Chrias-Christiana Hospital

Dr. Halbert is great! I'm nervous to start the liquid diet!! I start on May 4th....it seems as if ur doing a great job thus far...keep up the great work...almost one day down and 13 to go...U will rock it!!

qtonduty30

So happy for you both! Dr. Halbert is my surgeon too, and you will not be disappointed. All cases are different, but I had zero complications, my recovery has been swift and uneventful, and she is pretty progressive when it comes to plan of care. I pretty much interrogated her at my pre surgical appointment and she had nothing but patience and poise as she answered all of my questions.

Lmao @ interrogated her! I definitely plan on doing the same this Thursday at my clearance...lol...what do u mean by progressive when it comes to her plan of care? How so? Just curious...

qtonduty30

She didn't do a swallow test after my surgery because I was doing well - apparently the rest of the program will be following suit in the future. The nurses kept asking about it and when I said I wasn't having one they'd say 'oh, you must be dr. Halbert's patient.' ????

Also, she told me to take my thyroid meds whole instead of crushing, and at my two week follow up she cleared me for coffee and said I only had to follow purée diet for 2 weeks instead of 4 before progressing to soft foods.

Oh wow, ok...that's great to know...she is younger so maybe that's why she does her own thing....I'm definitely down with that as long as it works! I'm glad u are doing so great!!

qtonduty30

I could have gone home after one night but chose to stay for two since my husband had just had surgery to reattach his bicep muscle. And I wasn't ready to leave the hospital bed behind! Getting up and down is hard the first two days and we don't have a recliner at home.

I would be interested in joining you at Glascow Park to walk just let me know the "when and where" > I'm almost 4 months out and need to pour on the exercise because I'm stalling out with my weightloss : (

Hey all! I have a box of size 18 clothes up for grabs in Newark. Free if you pick up! Can also meet in North Wilmington during the week. Womens business casual, lots of blazers, dressy tops, few pants. Some casual stuff too.