Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anticipating A Denial

I finally got the call today that my information has finally been submitted!!!! I pray the insurance goes ahead and approves it without a 6 month deal or anything else. Keeping fingers crossed, thanking God and praying that the insurance lets it go through. Whewwwww now I'm tired lol

BoBann, I'm so glad that the insurance company received the paperwork. I know Anthem is different than BCBSIL, so please let me know when you finally hear the good news (thinking positively).

Dixienms, what insurance company do you have? Some companies don't make you go through a 2 or 6 month process, so I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad I did the six months, since I lost weight doing it, and hopefully I will tolerate the surgery better, since I have Lupus and other health issues.

Keep me posted when you guys hear.

BoBann, I'm so glad that the insurance company received the paperwork. I know Anthem is different than BCBSIL, so please let me know when you finally hear the good news (thinking positively).

Dixienms, what insurance company do you have? Some companies don't make you go through a 2 or 6 month process, so I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad I did the six months, since I lost weight doing it, and hopefully I will tolerate the surgery better, since I have Lupus and other health issues.

Keep me posted when you guys hear.

MinaT I have United Health Care and have heard different stories from different areas on the requirements. I hope and pray I am one of the lucky ones :). I understand about your lupus. About 12 years ago I was told that I had it, took a lot of supplements, meds and such, to now my doctor says it must be in remission. I still treat my body as if I have it or could have it so I won't have the same symptoms. I too have other health problems and hope to alleviate some of them with this surgery as well as become healthier with a new lifestyle change. I have 3 grandbabies and another due in May that I have to be around for so they know who Nana is :D

Hello all, just got approval today from UHC. Yay!!! Only took 4 days! Thank you all for your support and prayers. The first hurdle is over---on to the next!!!

Dixie, well good luck to you and I really hope you are one of the lucky ones and I'm glad you are taking the steps to improve your health so you can be around for your grandbabies!

From the looks of Artsy's response, it won't take long for you to hear! Please keep me posted.

Congrats Artsy, I'm so very happy for you. Did you call UHC or hear from your surgeon? Please keep us posted when you get your surgery schedule!

Thank you Mina. I received a call from the doctor's office this morning advising I was approved & to set up the pre-op appt with the surgeon; then I got an email about two minutes later from my case worker telling me "Congratulations." She was awesome--even told me she was praying for my approval. I didn't have to make any calls or contact with UHC--dr's office did it all. Anybody using Dr Marvin in Houston? Ask for Tameki, my case worker.

Hello all, just got approval today from UHC. Yay!!! Only took 4 days! Thank you all for your support and prayers. The first hurdle is over---on to the next!!!

Congrats Artsy!!! Keep us posted on your progress. Hope mine goes as quickly as yours did. Keeping the prayers going for us all because I know God didn't intend for us to be this way :)

Dixie you are so correct "God didn't mean for us to be this way". Thanks for your support!

It's been 2.5 weeks since submission for approval and I've heard nothing :( I'm really worried its going to be denied. I understand it sometimes takes longer than this but I have anthem bc and usually they are very prompt about replying. I'm probably just stressing because I want it so bad and actually depending on it.

I have BC/BS I took exactly 4weeks once the doctor submitted all of the paper work. Just call the insurance and follow up on the request. Yes the wait seems forever but in reality its not long at all.

I have BC BS also. They took their sweet ass time for my approval. It got to be 4 weeks into it, and I started called everyday. They explained to me, everytime the doctor sends info to them, they have 14 days to decide. It starts over every time the doc sends in info, or the pre auth nurse needs info. I wasso frsutrated I was starting to get depressed. I started calling to much the reps knew my voice. I explained to one, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I am worried about my health, if I am on the fastball, you all should be too. Everyday that goes by, more money is spent on my conditions that this surgery could improve. I found a rep who went through all my records and started calling me, within a week I wa approved. You have to keep some pressure on the insurance companies. Just be nice everytime you call in, but follow up, follow up, follow up!!!!

Does anyone know how long the approval is "good for"?? I didn't want surg til Oct. Am almost done with all the requirements. I have bcbs

LDallas, your best bet would be to contact their customer service.

Good luck to all of you. I hate this for each of you. Wish we lived in a world where doctors in accordance with their patients made medical decisions, not insurance companies trying to gamble the monetary odds of our lives. My paperwork got its final document on Friday. Should get sent off first thing Monday morning. I woke up in a panic last night that the nurse put it in for the bypass code instead if sleeve so I will call at 8 am just to verify the right code is used.

Irishmama I will add you to my prayer list in hopes that all goes right for you also. I keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait. So I am doing my best to let go and let God take control. Stay positive and imagine how your new life will be after the surgery. I get giddy at just the thought lol.

Thank you dixienms! We can all use all the prayers we can get.