Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! It Was Easier The First 6 Weeks Post-Op When I Couldn't Eat Anything!

So I am having the hardest time getting in a rhythm now that I'm 8 weeks post op and can eat most anything, in small quantities. I find now that my choices aren't 'controlled' and limited I lean towards making bad choices again! liquids or soft mushies. I'm unfortunately an 'all or nothing' person so I'm now reverting back to 'liquids & soft proteins' instead of trying to eat like a sensible person. I know that's not good but I don't want to stop losing as I have a good 50# more to go (have lost 40 in this first 8 weeks but it's slowed to a halt the past week when I've added in normal things here or there.) Ie., the other night before bed I found myself making 1 piece of toast, justifying 'it's just 1 piece of bread and it doesn't bother my sleeve'.....but c'mon Mary!!! Carbs are not my friend at all. I can have pure Proteins all day and throw that 1 piece of bread in at night and bam, straight to my hips. PMO!!!!!!

Anyone else struggle with getting into a healthy/sensible rhythm after 2 mths or so and still being able to continue losing at a decent rate? I'm so frustrated with myself!!!

me with yoir struggle Mary

im 2months and half

i have abad choices all the day

it was easier in the first 2 phases because i had no choices

now im missing all types of food

if i had abad choice i said to my self

that 1% of what i had in the past

but we should be away of bad choices at least till getting the goal

its alife style , isnt it

hang on there

keep struggle

I am having the same results. I have just stopped losing, but no gaining. Im still frustrated because I want to lose lose lose.

I find that using a food tracker helps keep me on the straight and narrow. I don't want to have to post that I ate something really outside my diet plan, and I'm religious about posting the good, the bad and the ugly. However, the other side of that coin is that we are all human and we will slip up sometimes. The food tracker helps me see what I've been doing and get back on track quicker.

Good luck!

What is so hard??? If you choose protien first there is really any room left for any thing else. sometimes some veggies... I guess I find it so easy because we eat some sort of protien every night for dinner . I just eat that and some veggies. Would I like to eat some cheese its ?? Sure but they are like crack to me as well as most breads or carbs..

I am not saying I will never eat them again... but right now I want to keep my eye on the prize which is goal.. then I will try some other things.. I feel like I have gone through so much to get this surgery I don't want to mess it up.

Just my honest opinion...

Julie

Im 7 weeks post op & I feel the exact same way!! I keep thinking it's ok to have just a small piece of this or a sliver of that, all the while knowing I'm just fooling myself! I have a desk job & I was a snacker before surgery and it hasnt changed, I find myself eating small pieces of whatever is around. I finally just threw away all the Snacks at my desk to avoid temptation & I'm gonna concentrate on drinking my Water instead. We'll get there, be strong!