Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bronx New York I Joined

I think I posted before. But I am 2 years post op. Recently gained 16 lbs back from the 130 I had lost. Trying to get reconnected with my healthy habits and self. 2012 was a really emotionally tough year and towards the end of the year I started back into old habits of emotional eating and now I have to reset my body as I constantly feel hungry and I am sure I stretched my pouch. Anyone want to link up I'd love that. could use the support and would love to help out anyway I can as well.

Hey I'm from chelsea NY (downtown manhattan) and am in the process of getting surgery at montifiore with Dr. choi. Best of luck to all

Hey I'm from chelsea NY (downtown manhattan) and am in the process of getting surgery at montifiore with Dr. choi. Best of luck to all

Hey Christy

How are you? How is everything going with your process? As for me I went to the seminar and met Dr.choi who was ver informative but she was too much in a rush when questions were asked I guess because she had other things to do..I made my first appointment with Dr vemulapalli on Feb 4..I will keep you posted...

I saw dr choi on December 20th and she answered a lot of my questions and gave me lots of advice also while I was sitting outside waitig to be called I spoke with patients of dr choi who assured me I was with one of the best surgeons. They said she has excellent bedside manners and I don't doubt it one bit. A lot of people who are on here have had their surgery with dr vali and say his the best. I don't know but all I can say is almost all the bariatric surgeons at montifiore have great feed back . So next week is my first appointment with weight management and I think I have to go 4 months before getting approved by CIGNA. Still scared and worried what I'm getting myself into and not knowing the out come is 100 times more scary. Keep me posted and I hope to bump into u sometime at the hospital!

I saw dr choi on December 20th and she answered a lot of my questions and gave me lots of advice also while I was sitting outside waitig to be called I spoke with patients of dr choi who assured me I was with one of the best surgeons. They said she has excellent bedside manners and I don't doubt it one bit. A lot of people who are on here have had their surgery with dr vali and say his the best. I don't know but all I can say is almost all the bariatric surgeons at montifiore have great feed back . So next week is my first appointment with weight management and I think I have to go 4 months before getting approved by CIGNA. Still scared and worried what I'm getting myself into and not knowing the out come is 100 times more scary. Keep me posted and I hope to bump into u sometime at the hospital!

Hey Christy

Yeah I read up on all of the surgeons and chose Dr vemulapalli...I'm scared as well but I keep praying on it and keeping focus cause I know this is something I have to do for me...I just hope the process is quick so I can get this over with at least no later than June..my best friend is doing it as well with Dr vemulapalli she has an appointment on Monday with her so I will be questioning her lol..but I will definatwly keep you posted.

Hey I'm having surgery at Jacobi also! Haven't found too many of us on here lol. I have a date for November 14th- tentative pending on insurance. I have HealthFirst/Medicaid so we have a few things in common! I just talked with them last week and she scared me because she was telling me how Health First is difficult to approve surgery so now I'm terrified blehh. I wish they would have told me this in the beginning- we're suppose to hopedfully submit to insurance this week- I go back Thursday so fingers crossed BIG TIME lol. The psych eval is a breeze so don't even worry about that- I was a little bit but it went great. PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk :)

Greetings I am in Queens. How long did HealthfirstMedicaid take to approve? I'm in month 5 out of 6 and almost done with the testing...I'm kind of anxious but a little bit more at ease since I found this app.

Greetings I am in Queens. How long did HealthfirstMedicaid take to approve? I'm in month 5 out of 6 and almost done with the testing...I'm kind of anxious but a little bit more at ease since I found this app.

They surprisingly approved me in one day! I was really scarred because my surgeons team really harped on how difficult they were to approve surgery but thankfully they approved me fast. Even the financial office was surprised! Good luck to you! Hope all goes well!!

They surprisingly approved me in one day! I was really scarred because my surgeons team really harped on how difficult they were to approve surgery but thankfully they approved me fast. Even the financial office was surprised! Good luck to you! Hope all goes well!!

Health first?? That is awesome. Did you have it done ?

Health first?? That is awesome. Did you have it done ?

Yup Health First. I did. Has surgery on 11/14 down 74lbs so far (20 was pre op) I feel great! Best decision I've made :)

Yup Health First. I did. Has surgery on 11/14 down 74lbs so far (20 was pre op) I feel great! Best decision I've made :)

Congrats! How was your pre-op/post-op diets?

Congrats! How was your pre-op/post-op diets?

Thanks. I didn't have to do a pre op diet. I basically just did low carb for a while before and lost 20 pounds. My doctor was not very strict on that. As for post op things were okay. I was in a lot of pain the first few days- wasn't exactly as easy as a recovery as some people I read on here. So the first few days I wasn't very hungry anyway. I had to do Clear liquids for the first 3 days then full for a week then purée then mushy. It went by pretty fast. I was super great-full to chew again lol. Just take it one step at a time with that.

Oh and I've had an easy time with food. No problems with anything I've eaten so far. All has been good! I know I'm very lucky lol

Thanks. I didn't have to do a pre op diet. I basically just did low carb for a while before and lost 20 pounds. My doctor was not very strict on that. As for post op things were okay. I was in a lot of pain the first few days- wasn't exactly as easy as a recovery as some people I read on here. So the first few days I wasn't very hungry anyway. I had to do Clear Liquids for the first 3 days then full for a week then purée then mushy. It went by pretty fast. I was super great-full to chew again lol. Just take it one step at a time with that.

That's sooo good to know! How was moving around post sleeve? I'm very active and I'm worried I won't be able to do what I normally do. Walk dog, coach track, hiking with the girl scouts, etc.

Hey fellow new yorkers. I was sleeved on January 14. Had my surgery with Dr. Garber in long island. I am down around 46 pounds Including 23 pounds pre-op. The doctor put me on soft mushy foods right after the surgery. I had no problems whatsoever. Gas Pain gone in a couple of days, had no trouble with liquids or Protein. Good luck all

Hey everyone !!

I'm a newbie here . Im from manhattan .I already attended the seminar. my first appt is feb 12 @ Harlem hospital. I choose this hospital cause I have a relative that had worked with the bariatric surgeon DR. Ahmed . Anyone here has or will be having surgery with doc Ahmed or another doctor at Harlem hospital ??