Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What To Wear For Trip Home?

I am getting sleeved on May 10th in MX & wondering what I should take to wear on the way home?

I was thinking originally a very loose pair of sweatpants. But thinking now as it is MX I will be baking hot??!

Can I wear capri jeans or will that be too rough on my incisions? They are the only capris I have.

Oh & don't own a sundress & hate the way I look in a dress right now so not really wanting to get one!

So ideas please!

I had surgery 3/29 byDr.kelly and i must say i had took shorts but and no coat . But wore pants the whole time and could of used a coat . It was not freezing but not as warm as i thought it would be it was actually warmer at home in wv. Good luck to you

I had surgery 3/29 byDr.kelly and i must say i had took shorts but and no coat . But wore pants the whole time and could of used a coat . It was not freezing but not as warm as i thought it would be it was actually warmer at home in wv. Good luck to you

I am in WV too! Nice to see others on here. I am having my surgery done by Dr. Nease in Huntington. Just wanted to say hey! Lol!

They make cute Capri sweats (yoga pants) you can gey a few PR from wal-mart for like 10-12 bucks. Thats my plan. And im getting a set fir my aunt and cousin too

You should be fine i would take a sweater or jacket. I also found the airplane to be a little chilly and i wore pants but maybe i was by a vent.

I wore yoga pants, a tank top, and a North Face jacket home. I was cold most of my trip as I live in AZ.

I had no problem wear a regular pair of dockers home on the plane. The incisions are higher , one of mine was right on my bra line! Just go for comfort!

I think yoga pants is a good idea. You won't want the band of regular pants pressing into your stomach while sitting. Loose is better.

Yeah, it was cold when I went too.. in the 50s. I wore a stretchy top peasant skirt, tank and hoodie and was very comfortable and still felt presentable. I can't wear sweats out of the house. My mother beat into me that it was bad! LOL It was my concession to fashion and it worked well for me. It was freezing the whole way home too. I also was not outside really ever the whole time. I went from airport to van to hospital to van to airport.

Thank you everyone for the input, really appreciate it!

I am also trying to just bring a carry on, to make it easier on me not having to haul a suitcase around. So will probably try to find a pair of yoga pants from Walmart, take my sweat pants (they are just sooooo comfy) & a couple of t-shirts. Maybe a jacket to wear on the way too, in case it is cooler.

Thank you all!