Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was on April 11 having the same problem

Hey I was wondering how you were doing hadn't seen you on to ask good to see you are doing ok . Yeah really having trouble getting the shakes down so I'm focusing on staying hydrated for now baby steps keep in touch !

Thanks jiggyjen! I appreciate the vote of confidence! You sound like you're doing fantastic! Keep up the good work. Nice to meet you here :rolleyes:

Not "sleeved" until the 26th but have been watching all the April sleevers with interest and amazement. You are all doing so well! I'm at the "let's get this over and done with already" stage:)

Just back from holiday where I went into a store and was looking at tops. The spanish sales assistant (this was on the spanish island of Tenerife)' date=' who was TINY rushed over and said "Lady I have two for you that are just right" and showed me two size L (these are European sizes so L is probably around a US 18/20). She then stepped back a looked me up and down and said "or I have that one in XL" (the largest size you can get in Tenerife!). Just wanted the ground to open me up and swallow me whole... But no more. I am now on my pre-op and that will be a thing of the past! Losers bench here I come. Can't wait to join all my fellow April 2012 sleevers![/quote']

You just hang in there sweetie!!! You gonna be HOTTT & rickin it with your sleeve!! Lol. It would almost be worth going back to the certain store that you were talking about & saying , " Look at me nowwww!" Then again on their other hand, Screw 'em! :D

I agree 110%! She'll show them! Ignorance is awful.

I was sleeved on 4/2/2012. Doing good so far. I have lost 28 lbs which includes preop diet. I am on full liquids for 3 weeks and I am about ready to go crazy with all the sweet! Can't wait for mushies!

im 10 days post-op and I have been blessed that this surgery has been forgiving and pretty uneventful.

My surgery was textbook (fixed a hernia too). My hospital stay was pretty painless and only one day. I went back to work after 5 days (desk job) and am getting most of my 70g pro and 64oz liquid in daily. I was able to get back on my elliptical and do 15-20 min/day for the past week. My energy is almost normal. I found the nectar Protein drinks delish and strain lots of Soups to get my liquids.

I have 5 incisions and 4 of them have closed nicely and offer me no discomfort whatsoever. The 5th one is a b***h- its the larger one and It smarts! It prevents me from sleeping on my belly and its hard to wear jeans. Small price to pay in the short term tho!

As of today I am down 15 lbs and am sooooooo freakin excited to move forward. I was scared to death about this surgery and the pain' date=' lifestyle change and possible complications. Never in my wildest dreams could I have expected this positive of outcome.

Take a chance.... life's too short.[/quote']

I totally agree!! Life is too short :) Way to go!!

I was sleeved on 4/2/2012. Doing good so far. I have lost 28 lbs which includes preop diet. I am on full liquids for 3 weeks and I am about ready to go crazy with all the sweet! Can't wait for mushies!

Why have you got to be on liquids that long?? Is that per your dr orders? I'm ready for mushies too!!! ;)

I was sleeved on 4/3/12. I had to spend two nights in the hospital and was in terrible pain at first right after surgery. I didn't have surgery until about 3:30 in the afternoon, and so I didn't come out of recovery until about 7:30 p.m. I don't even remember being in recovery. I don't think I was able to open my eyes until I got to my room. The morphine they gave me wasn't relieving my pain, and so they gave me dilaudid, which helped my pain, but it made me a complete zombie. When they switched my pain medication again to the liquid Vicodin, I was better able to be alert.

I couldn't keep anything down and kept dry heaving the first day following surgery so they kept me another night. I remember barely being able to keep my eyes open while on dilaudid and repeatedly dry heaving all while the bariatric coordinator at the hospital was lecturing me on the Water that I had to get down per hour and that I needed to walk. I was finally able to go home the following day after I had demonstrated that I could walk the hospital halls and keep Fluid down. It was rough. I didn't really want to tell anyone here how rough it was for me because I didn't want anyone to be discouraged from getting the surgery. As miserable as it was, it was totally worth it.

I found out that my lap band and my port had a lot of scar tissue formed around it, and therefore my surgery took longer than anticipated. I suspect that may have been the reason for my discomfort prior to surgery.

Now I'm not quite two weeks out, and I've lost 13 pounds since surgery. It seems that I can take normal size sips now, and I've been on mushies since Friday. I've eaten cottage cheese, sweet potato fries, smoked salmon, Pasta, and a couple of blueberries and a strawberry so far. I was so hungry while on my full liquids stage after a while, which surprised me because I thought that my hunger would be gone. I've had a lot of head hunger too and crave pizza and a burger. I may have overdone it on my first day of mushies though because, at the end of the night, I felt super full. I've been trying to keep my calories right around 800.

My scars seem to be healing well. They used glue instead of tape since I'm allergic to the tape.

My energy seems to be pretty low. I hope that changes. I also feel cold all the time for some reason.

My "New Birthday" was the 12 @ Frisco Texas' date=' I got home today & I just now went & weighed myself & I'm up 10 pounds more then I was Thursday morning. Someone please tell me that it's just the IV fluids & my weight will go down. Very disappointing, cause I know I've only had Water, broth & juice & not very much of it.[/quote']

It's definitely IV fluids. No worries.

Hi' date=' I was sleeved on April 11th (my birthday)!

My biggest challenge right now is remembering to take sips with Water, I just am so used to taking gulps. Starting to feel okay. Would love to have buddies to check in with.[/quote']

Sleeved April 10th. Dying with dizziness and wanting something to eat. It is head hunger not real hunger. My tummy hurts.

My name is Kim I live in Irving Texas

My "New Birthday" was the 12 @ Frisco Texas' date=' I got home today & I just now went & weighed myself & I'm up 10 pounds more then I was Thursday morning. Someone please tell me that it's just the IV fluids & my weight will go down. Very disappointing, cause I know I've only had Water, broth & juice & not very much of it.[/quote']

My new day is April 10th at forest park in Dallas

I get sleeved on April 18th