Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 66 Pounds In 5 Months

I am totally thrilled with my weight loss! I started working out more regularly now but it's almost like my weight loss has slowed down. Maybe it's just because it'll do that at 5 months? Maybe I need to get more Protein or calories? Any advice?

I eat about 900 calories a day on average. 60g of protein from meat sources/day. Plain Water intake is only about six cups/day, which I know it should be more but at times it almost makes me feel sick. Feels like my guts are sloshing around. I walk a mile three times/wk at a good pace. I take my Vitamins as prescribed. I highly doubt that I building a big muscle mass, just mild toning.

What's up?

I eat about 900 calories a day on average. 60g of Protein from meat sources/day.

Lisa

You are doing terrific - down 66 lbs. Wow, you go girl.

Everything you are doing, eating, excersizing - your great. IMO - maybe work on increasing the Water, but otherwize i would not change anything else -" if its not broken don't fix it."

You are at stall that we all have to deal with. it will pass

Keep on keepon

You'll get back to losin'

best

kathy

I would try to up your calories to around 1200 a day. Since you are working out you are burning calories and if your body does not get enough it will go into "starvation mode" and you wont lose weight as your body will hold onto all the fat. I read that by upping your calories a few hundred or so will jump start the weight loss again and since your working out you dont have to worry about gaining weight! Good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far.

66 lbs...you are doing great! Congrats to you!

Along with bumping up the calories, drink a lot more Water. You need more water due to your working out! Keep it up and switch it around. Keep your body guessing. Eat Proteins, veggies and little starches in this order. This should help. ;)

As wierd as it sounds and im not sure if you can tolerate it (i havent been sleeved yet) but i also read that having a glass of chocolate milk after a workout is good for your muscles. This would give you the extra couple hundred calories you might need and give Calcium...its a thought! i know some people become lactose intolerant after they are sleeved. :)

heres the link...

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/superfoods/chocolate-milk-after-workout/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches