Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think I'm In The Lose Weight Slowly Zone

And I'm not complaining. I had at one point a goal weight of around 220lb and now.... Well my first "real" goal is to get under 300lb and go from there. Coming from 440lb I think hitting that would be incredible. As of today I am but 28lb away from 299. If I play it right I could be there by the end of next month. Six weeks to drop 28lb shouldn't be too hard (I hope).

One thing's for sure, I am getting tired of buying new work clothes (ok not really). It amazes me that at the times where I feel I eat too much I actually lose the most. And will someone explain to me why/how it's easier to eat carbs as opposed to Proteins? At this point I am 29 weeks removed from surgery. I am up to eating 1,400-1,900 calories daily. Once I think I went over that but that was months ago. I feel normal. And really, that's pretty much all I wanted. One day my body will catch up to my new eating habits and I'll be golden.

Verve, I'm assuming you're a guy! :) It sounds like you are really rocking that sleeve and you should have no problem making your goal. 220 and 6'3, hubba hubba! :)

Good luck and great job so far! :)

I am definately in the lose weight slowly zone now and I happy as can be!! Good job so far! You'll meet those goals!

You are doing fine, I am down 42 lbs 3 weeks post-op which is probably normal for starting out, maybe it will slow done soon? And my clothes are getting baggy now but hate to buy new stuff right away....

Ok, i have a question, is that calorie level the plan grom you dr? Wow, i was on 800 a day during my loss phase, and still only eat like 1200-1400 in my maintainace phase and thats with me running 15-20 miles a week.

I eat normal foods. Just in lesser quantities. I don't limit what I eat just how much. So I can eat anywhere from 600-1900 calories daily.

LoL! Yes, Lissa Im a guy.

I am only 7 weeks out and looking forward to getting under 200. I started at 258 I have purchased a few new clothes but am trying to refrain so I won't have to much to get rid later. My diet is is much less than yours I'm eating fruit for Snacks and only meat and veggies for meals. We went out tonite and had an appietizer of scallops in wine sauce with bruchetta, First bread I have eaten since my surgery It was so good. The scallops went down so easy no overly full feeling that I get with other Proteins. All in all very happy with my results.