Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am schedule for my laproscopic sleeve gastrectomy next Tuesday April 17th. I am probably over prepared: I have Protein samples, my hospital bag is packed, my supplements are purchased, I've started taking Vitamins... I'm really excited to start losing weight, and getting healthy, and looknig better.

And I'm so scared I can't hardly stand it!

I'm scared I might die.

I'm scared I might not lose weight.

I'm scared I'll miss eating too much.

Any words of encouragement or wisdom?

I try to talk to my friends and family about it but I think they are sick of me, don't really know how to respond and have absolutely NO insight on the situation!!

All the feelings you are having are completely normal. I felt the same way but woke up thinking to myself " I was so scared...for nothing!" You sound like you have everything you need so just get yourself excited...you are starting the new chapter in the rest of your healthy life! Best of luck to you, keep us posted :D

You are VERY normal! If you weren't scared or at least concerned that you might be part of the small percentage of complications, I would be more concerned.

Just try to keep moving forward. You have faith in your surgeon. You have decided to take charge of your life. You will succeed!

I too had fears of complications. I was POSITIVE I would end up failing. But guess what? I did it. Me! The one who could never keep the loss off for more than a month or two. Me! The one who gained it all back plus more. ME!!!!!!

You can do it! Let us know how we can support you.

My surgery in 4/18 and I feel exactly the same. I am shaking with nerves for the same reasons. Then I got to..it 's better than having heart bypass surgery in 20 years or having limbs removed due to diabetese. So many people have gone before and have paved the way for us. Just keep thinking about this great thing you're doing for your long term healh and well being.

Mines 4/23 and I've been very indifferent and whatever about the surgery. Today it finally sunk in when I went out to buy moo-moo's to wear for after surgery and Protein Shakes that I need to start on Monday. Im freaking out..everything is just getting overwhelming. Im just thankful for this forum its keeping me going

Very normal! Good luck next week and praying for your success and minimal pains!! :D (all of you!)

I am 2 weeks post op today and I felt the same as u are feeling. I had everything ready and felt prepared but I was terrified of the surgery. Needless to say, everything went well and my recovery is going great. The one thing I wasnt prepared for is the mental part of it all. I wa severely depressed for a few days after surgery and even felt some regret. My food addiction hit me hard. im much bettet now, just wish I was better prepared mentally and emotionally.

Right there with you! My bags are packed, cutest pjs with matching slippers purchased, all the Protein a girl could need. I agree with the others if you weren't a little apprehensive it would be strange. Take deep breaths, relax and remember you are about to change your world!

It's pretty hard NOT to lose weight. I don't believe it's ever happened. You gain gain it back, but you would have to eat around the sleeve so to speak. I mean if you drank gravy and nacho cheese sauce?

There are risks to any surgery, but they are VERY, EXTREMELY low with this one.

I don't miss eating in volume. Now I just eat quality. I used to stuff anything into my mouth even if I didn't like it that much. If it was there ...

I went to a buffet on Easter and had a dab of this and a dab of that. I got full and just wasn't interested in more food. I had lox and cream cheese on a rye cracker, a shrimp with cocktail sauce, pot roast, roasted pork loin, chicken breast in a horseradish sauce, a piece of muenster and swiss cheese and a little bit of orange tiramisu.

Yeah, poor me.

I probably overate a tiny bit, but all that was probably 6-8 ounces eaten over two hours. I think I had half an apple and 6 almonds that night and that was it. I felt like I had feasted.

Some people miss it, but not me. I got a quick feeling of: "Damn, I wish I could eat more" and then remembering what overfull feels like to a sleever it was quickly forgotten and I just talked to my family and sipped tiny bits of champagne.

Again, poor me.

You are completely normal, IMO.

You are obviously well-prepared, so now you have all kinds of free time for your mind to play "what if?"

I tried to put it out of my mind in the days leading up to my surgery. You should have seen the hissy fit I threw in pre-op. I wanted to leave the hospital. Thank God for my husband and a nurse with a couple of valium, or I would not be within 20 pounds of goal. lol

I had all the same fears as you, but none of those fears have happened. Also, it is obvious that you are taking this procedure seriously and I think you will have more likelihood of success because you take it seriously.

Thank you all so much for your personal stories and words of encouragement. I'm still scared but I feel MUCH better. I'll keep posting and asking for help so you guys better still be here!!!

My surgery is April 17th too and I'm feeling the same way you do..

You won't die.

You WILL lose weight..

and ya...you might miss food for a while. But what has it ever gotten you? Momentary pleasure, yes. And weight loss surgery. Just change your thinking right now.

You will do GREAT!!!

Your new stomach will help you through.

It's pretty hard NOT to lose weight. I don't believe it's ever happened. You gain gain it back, but you would have to eat around the sleeve so to speak. I mean if you drank gravy and nacho cheese sauce?

EWWWWW :)