Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plan Of Attack For Post-Op Food Cravings.

I've heard that it's good to have a plan in place pre-op for when those post-op food cravings and head hunger strike so I've drafted a master plan *rubs hands together fiendeshly* I am a crafter, scrapbooker, card maker and journaler so I have compiled and arsenal of pens, paper, markers, and a brand new hard bound journal to begin art journaling as soon as the first head hunger attack starts. I plan to journal the feelings the second they strike and then paint and emblellish each page in hopes of finding therapuetic relief to get past the head hunger. I've always found paper crafting to be a soothing and comforting hobby so I am hopeful that this plan will work for me. If nothing else I will have some great documentation to remember my journey with. Anyone else plan to get involved with a hobby for that reason?

Failing to plan = planning to fail, am I right?!

Failing to plan = planning to fail, am I right?!

You are soooo right! I love your profile pic! It's very inspiring! :)

Slim, try adding a cup of Water to your plan.

Some have noticed problems with acid that add in to the head hunger games, the Water may help soothe your stomach until your next real meal.

BTW, it is a good plan. I find that when I'm at work, I think about food alot less because I enjoy what I do.

Slim, try adding a cup of Water to your plan.

Some have noticed problems with acid that add in to the head hunger games, the Water may help soothe your stomach until your next real meal.

BTW, it is a good plan. I find that when I'm at work, I think about food alot less because I enjoy what I do.

Thanks for the advice Afro Cyster! I'll have two cups then, one to dip my paint brush in and one to sip water from...lol :)

I bought lots of yarn to make a (double wedding ring) bedspread. I also got my books and videos ready to learn to speak Korean. I hope this is enough. LOL

I bought lots of yarn to make a (double wedding ring) bedspread. I also got my books and videos ready to learn to speak Korean. I hope this is enough. LOL

Korean?! Sounds cool! Any particular reason why Korean?

I am a huge scrapbooker & cardmaker too! I have already taken a photo of me pre-op in my bathing suit (yikes!), so that I can scrapbook my journey.

But journalling your feelings is a great idea too, I hadn't thought of that!

I also find paper crafting to be really enjoyable & stress-relieving!

I will also be spending more time scrapbooking! And reading!!

I was sleeved last Oct. I made my first junk journal which I'm filling up nicely, and also started sewing. Always wanted to learn how. I have lots of cardmaking / scrapbooking stuff, but am not very good at it. However, I am sewing shaggy raggy quilts now & having lots of fun w/it. I can do those well and they make great gifts. I got my junk journal stuff all together prior to surgery and was so glad I did bc it was a great help during my convelesence (sp?). Good for u for planning ahead. Good luck!

I was intrigued by the words "junk journal", so I had to look it up! What a novel idea. Did you take a class? I wouldn't know where to start!

I was googling craft ideas and stumbled upon it. I think I found it spelled "junque journal." There's a gal who did four short video tutorials and I watched those. It's super easy to do and inexpensive. You start w/a black and white composition book (costs less than $1), crinkle the pages and then use ink pads to swipe across pages, adding color to them. Then just use scraps and so forth to decorate. You use colored or patterned duct tape on the cover and tie ribbons throughout the book so it'll hold together as you add stuff to the pages. You also tie ribbons onto alligator clips to hold stuff in, use funky paperclips and hodge podge spare envelopes in to hold odd shaped stuff. It's really just whatever you want to do with it. Use it as a journal, scrapbook, whatever. I made some for friends for Christmas so they could fill em w/whatever they wanted to & they loved em. I not only journal in mine but also put in pics (magazines) of things I like, clothes I hope to wear eventually, motivational stuff etc. I also include ticket stubs, before & after (sleeve) stuff, little things my son has made, plus I journal on some of the pages. I like to make a few "dressy" pages and some are more ragtag if you will. I think the girl's name who I watched the videos was "Vangie" but not 100% sure. I really enjoy this bc it is so unique and you can't make mistakes. You can do art on the pages, paste in typed stuff, book pages, whatever you want. Sorry.for the run on typing. I'm using my phone. Leah

Anyunghaseyo. Hello in Korean. Good luck with it. My husband, kids and I just got back to the states in December from a two year tour in Korea. It's such a hard language to learn because things have many different meanings. I have faith you will do fine.

gomaweye (thank you).

My daughter's boyfriend is from Korea. He is coming for Christmas to "meet the family", So I think it might help if I can look like I am making an attempt. He speaks English wonderfully, yet, when they have children, they are going to be be-lingual.

gomaweye (thank you).

My daughter's boyfriend is from Korea. He is coming for Christmas to "meet the family"' date=' So I think it might help if I can look like I am making an attempt. He speaks English wonderfully, yet, when they have children, they are going to be be-lingual.[/quote']

Gamsanida is how we learned to say thank you. Lol see how different? I think it's great you are making an attempt.