Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im A May Sleever!

Anyone else going to have their sleeve in May? I'm excited and now the nervousness has set in. I am reading a few posts that people are in the hospital for like 3 days. My dr said I would only be in the hospital one day. And that I would walk the same day as my surgery.... Is this something they tell everyone or should I plan on more than one day there? Either way, my life changes May 16th and I'm excited :)

which dr are you using??? My surgery is May 22 with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana

It has'nt be confirmed but my date is looking like May 16th as well!! I will know by Monday for sure!! If not it will be May 21st :))

I am scheduled for May 3rd, start the liquid diet on the 19th. I can hardly wait for my life to change. I have 1 more doctor appoint for cardo evaluation then I am done. I was told I would be in the hospital for 48 hours. I am having min in Tucson by Dr Galvoni. I am down 18 pounds in 3 weeks and should be down another 10 by surgery date. :)

I am in southern Illinois. I hope we can all keep each other on our toes as we go through this journey! We are not alone:)

Seems like its so close but so far away...but I am so happy to be able to final get this done and also get some relief both physically and mentally....

I'm on for the 22nd, but not going to Mexico - havng my sleeve done at Abington Hospital in PA. Like you all, so excited. I start my pre op diet on May 7th. There's so much to think about, what foods should I get, when will I be able to drive, and also, I need to go back to work in one week, so how will that work? I'm extremely excited but I'm a list maker and unlike most of my life, this is really new and unknown (at least to me) So, right now, I'm just making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Getting my pulminary approval and psych eval, already got my cardio approval and my letter of recommendation from my "regular" Dr, and seen the NUT once a month for all 6 months. It's been a LONG 6 months waiting for my insurance approval but i can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel!

oh, and sorry - I never answered the question - only one day stay at the hospital!

I'm using dr almanza.

Hey Every one My sleeve date is April 18 and I am scared to death but I'm ready to start shedding the pounds I too am using Dr. Almanza

I'm on for the 22nd, but not going to Mexico - havng my sleeve done at Abington Hospital in PA. Like you all, so excited. I start my pre op diet on May 7th. There's so much to think about, what foods should I get, when will I be able to drive, and also, I need to go back to work in one week, so how will that work? I'm extremely excited but I'm a list maker and unlike most of my life, this is really new and unknown (at least to me) So, right now, I'm just making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Getting my pulminary approval and psych eval, already got my cardio approval and my letter of recommendation from my "regular" Dr, and seen the NUT once a month for all 6 months. It's been a LONG 6 months waiting for my insurance approval but i can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Driving my doctor said about a week for driving, as for work mine said about a month as you are not suppose to bend or lift over 10 pounds as for foods I am suppose to stock up on broth, Protein shakes, Jello, pudding, for the first 2 weeks then add soft foods for 2 weeks then I can try other food but like an ounce of meet at a time.

With the soft food you can try deli meat with a little lettuce. All doctors and nutritionist are different so check with them as to what you should do.

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog

This is the site my nutritionist told me to go to and get my Vitamins and Protein Shakes .