Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July Sleevers!

Gas pains are killing me! omg. OMG! How long before they are gone? I had sugery July 3rd

Health scare group: last Sunday, July 1st, I became severely dehydrated w/ severe tummy cramps, & excruciating diarrhea. I ended up passing out completely on my bathroom floor 3 times, & once in the emergency room where I was until 4am Monday morning. My electrolytes & sodium were very low, & the ER / dr pumped fluids in me, all tests (including CAT scan of my tummy), & vitals came back normal thank goodness. But I was diagnosed with viral gastroenteritis (stomach flu), along with severe dehydration. I was put on a strong antibiotic for a week & my band to sleeve surgery date was postponed (it was originally scheduled for yesterday, July 5th). I've been convalescing all week at home, and making sure to drink plenty of fluids including Gatorade :)

Having my surgery postponed due to getting sick was no problem at all, what was scary was passing out CONTINUALLY from the dehydration caused by the severe diarrhea, brought on by the culprit that I caught, the stomach flu (yuck).

I'm feeling about 95% and will be having my surgery this coming Thursday, July 12 :-) I'm stoked! ....vhoke1 (Vikki).

*My updated band to sleeve surgery date: July 12, 2012*

So I had the surgery on July 3. Problem is we are in a heat spell and I can hardly drink anything. Sip sip sipping, isn't cutting it. I know I'm

dehydrating and I'm worried about it. What I wouldn't do to drink a glass of cold water!!!! If I drink it just sits in my esophagus for a while. The gas is still in my tummy, ouch. And 2 of my incisions are infected. Oh yay. What a day. Am I whining? Yes, I know I am. Sorry. Tomorrow is a new day :) Althoughy it's supposed to be even hotter :(

Do you have ac?I haven't left home since coming home because I'm high risk for dehydration because I just cant seem to drink enough. Our temps were 103 today.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST.. For SEO checkout seopressor SEO plugin

Hey guys starting to vlog my journey on YouTube check out my videos and subscribe thanks!

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad

Oops it was not supposed to post like that

No, no ac as this type of prolonged heat isn't usual where I live. It was 86 here today (30 in celcius), and it's supposed to get hotter all week. I can't imagine your temperatures! I sure hope you have ac!

Just remembered I'm supposed to be crushing my meds. I'm sure they are getting caught in the swollen stoma and that's part of my pain. Arghhhh... So much to remember!

We are quite a group! I'm home today. I had to get 2 units of blood transfused because they think there was a bleed on my staple line. I'm definitely having some pain in my drain site and I also have a tightness when I swallow. I just hope tomorrow will be better. The only thing I think I might have going for me is that the weather here hasn't been bad...yet. Hope everyone who needs it gets a good nights rest.

No' date=' no ac as this type of prolonged heat isn't usual where I live. It was 86 here today (30 in celcius), and it's supposed to get hotter all week. I can't imagine your temperatures! I sure hope you have ac!

Just remembered I'm supposed to be crushing my meds. I'm sure they are getting caught in the swollen stoma and that's part of my pain. Arghhhh... So much to remember![/quote']

Wow....you're complaining at 86... its been 100s daily here in Ohio for 2 whole miserable weeks....very unusual...but we also did not have winter this year....avg temp was above 50....normally in 20s or below..when first day of spring was 85...I knew we were in for some hot shiz.

But definitely would suck without ac...do you have anyone to stay with who does have ac? Till you recuperate...'

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST.. For SEO checkout seopressor plugin

Typically I like this temp. And I would manage just fine if I either had ac or could drink decently. No, people up here don't typically put ac in. Kinda like putting furnaces in houses in Mexico, lol. I'll stay in my basement all day tomorrow. Or go shopping in an ac'd mall or hang out in a theatre. Kids'll be happy, lol.

Update!

July sleevers surgery dates

July

Smoggy' date=' Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose, emptynesterpam, Milca, Pattyhdz, Bigdogkc, BeatrizS1974, khernandez72, Nettle, justme360, deetaylor, kia, 4myfamily,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove, z3djinn, gingersnap70, dar1983,

vhoke1,tonileebre,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie, joyfuljoy,LzL1958,

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan, Twhite, jason, vsgchichi, NuStyle,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364, lizzybeth, LauraTarry, aranda510, k8tie1, mary101678,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz, DelongH, lowe1961, SkinnySmurf, soontobe1/2ofmyself, JenniJune, stephyfly, JenniJune, canidothis?, Love1296, Tameka, Island Girl,

wyattgsmommy, GI283, Paulson1304, Danielle Beadle, phillygirl8133,

LizEac, juliewantstbthin,

lorijo67,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

Amyl219, laragarza, Marty McSkinnystein, geno5150, lovelyladynhouston,

misschris, purplekt, lynnz, RainyGirl, evelynvsg,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, ButterflyAngel, cindyintenn, juicyr3d, Rafter Jones,

Minnie Me, Sleeva, Mommy2three,

fbelle29, MsE, ko22, girlfreed

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina, Mamaof8, StrangelyNormal, dixienms,

kimbernada, Red597, skowronski777,Red597, mickey1, Trcyprkr70, thin soon, milkD,

Tinker, kilzanich, Butterfly7, Jlewis229, justchristy123,

Jrabbit81,

Ymabme, Vegassleeve,

newmrsL, Born 2BFree, JaciBear, slim lady, SmartyPants,

Lovemeifyoucan, Carey,

*Thought I’d go ahead and post this in a few relevant July sleevers threads. Please feel free to add yourself- you can quote me, add yourself to the list, and then post. I won’t be updating for quite a while as my surgery is in 2 days(!) Good luck to us all! Go team July![/quote']

Update!

July sleevers surgery dates

July

Smoggy' date=' Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose, emptynesterpam, Milca, Pattyhdz, Bigdogkc, BeatrizS1974, khernandez72, Nettle, justme360, deetaylor, kia, 4myfamily,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove, z3djinn, gingersnap70, dar1983,

vhoke1,tonileebre,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie, joyfuljoy,LzL1958,

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan, Twhite, jason, vsgchichi, NuStyle,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364, lizzybeth, LauraTarry, aranda510, k8tie1, mary101678,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz, DelongH, lowe1961, SkinnySmurf, soontobe1/2ofmyself, JenniJune, stephyfly, JenniJune, canidothis?, Love1296, Tameka, Island Girl,

wyattgsmommy, GI283, Paulson1304, Danielle Beadle, phillygirl8133,

LizEac, juliewantstbthin,

lorijo67,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

Amyl219, laragarza, Marty McSkinnystein, geno5150, lovelyladynhouston,

misschris, purplekt, lynnz, RainyGirl, evelynvsg,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, ButterflyAngel, cindyintenn, juicyr3d, Rafter Jones,

Minnie Me, Sleeva, Mommy2three,

fbelle29, MsE, ko22, Girlfreed

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina, Mamaof8, StrangelyNormal, dixienms,

kimbernada, Red597, skowronski777,Red597, mickey1, Trcyprkr70, thin soon, milkD,

Tinker, kilzanich, Butterfly7, Jlewis229, justchristy123,

Jrabbit81,

Ymabme, Vegassleeve,

newmrsL, Born 2BFree, JaciBear, slim lady, SmartyPants,

Lovemeifyoucan, Carey,

*Thought I’d go ahead and post this in a few relevant July sleevers threads. Please feel free to add yourself- you can quote me, add yourself to the list, and then post. I won’t be updating for quite a while as my surgery is in 2 days(!) Good luck to us all! Go team July![/quote']

I hope I am one of the lucky ones that is able to drink, because my room is on the third floor and it gets so ridiculous. I might temporarily move to the floor below. Do you think it will start to cool down (stay in the high 80's) the time July 30th comes around?

Getting sleeved tomorrow woohoo!! On Clear Liquids only now, for the second day, yesterday was ok except I had no energy and was drained but i wasn't hungry. I made a pitcher full of juice using a Protein shot adding a lot of Water and a sprinkling of crystal light, ate sugar free Jello, sf popsicles, and chicken broth, btw the best tasting chicken broth imo, is made from chicken base adding hot water to it, tastes so much better than plain broth....good luck everyone!