Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July Sleevers!

Nustyle,

Can you add me too...my name on Facebook is Siobhan Sweeney.

Thanks! :)

What is your name on FB?

Nustyle- would you mind terribly PMing me? I can't seem to make it work on my iPad. Thanks in advance!

Well it is now official I was sleeved this morning at 7:30. All things considered I'm feeling really good. Everyone is right about the walking it really does help. When I first woke up I had more discomfort than I expected but it was mostly from the trapped air in the upper abdominal area. The incisions actually don't hurt too bad but off course I am still on pain meds but only half a dose every 4 hours. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and it sounds like a lot of the tightness/soreness is related to that. Thank you everyone for your prayers, kind thoughts and well wishes. I've learned a lot of valuable information from all of you that is going to make this journey so much more Enlightened and rewarding.

Well it is now official I was sleeved this morning at 7:30. All things considered I'm feeling really good. Everyone is right about the walking it really does help. When I first woke up I had more discomfort than I expected but it was mostly from the trapped air in the upper abdominal area. The incisions actually don't hurt too bad but off course I am still on pain meds but only half a dose every 4 hours. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and it sounds like a lot of the tightness/soreness is related to that. Thank you everyone for your prayers' date=' kind thoughts and well wishes. I've learned a lot of valuable information from all of you that is going to make this journey so much more Enlightened and rewarding.[/quote']

Congratulations to you!

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

I am traveling tomorrow but I do t want to carry the big tub of Protein Powder. Anyone ever travel without the ind packets???

I am traveling tomorrow but I do t want to carry the big tub of Protein powder. Anyone ever travel without the ind packets???

I travel for work and had the same problem. First I tried taking the ready mades - they were so heavy, so now I get the ziplock snack sized bags and pre measure each serving (two scoops per bag). Then I put all the snack bags into a larger baggie and seal it. Light, small and ready to go!

For those who have had surgery, would anyone like to share their stats and any goals they have? (Short term or long goals or even if you don't have any!)

Here are mine:

Height:5'5.5"

Starting Weight: 232

Day of surgery: 220

Current Weight: 208

Goal: under 200 by my birthday, 8-31

Height: 5' 5.5"

Starting Weight: 285

Day of surgery: 274

Current Weight: 264

Goal: 150 by my surgiversary next July!

Height: 5'2

Starting weight: 258

Surgery weight: 252

Current weight: 240

Short Goal: lose 30#'s

Long Goal: get down to 145

I travel for work and had the same problem. First I tried taking the ready mades - they were so heavy' date=' so now I get the ziplock snack sized bags and pre measure each serving (two scoops per bag). Then I put all the snack bags into a larger baggie and seal it. Light, small and ready to go![/quote']

Thanks! I just hope airport security doesn't give me a hard time with baggies of white powder?!!! That could make a very bad morning!!!!!

Thanks! I just hope airport security doesn't give me a hard time with baggies of white powder?!!! That could make a very bad morning!!!!!

I take different flavors. Choc, banana, etc. so different colors and I also keep a shaker bottle in my bag, all contributing evidence.....no problems so far, even when I travel to the Middle Est!

I'm on the losers bench! About 7:00 am yesterday I was sleeved. I feel like a train ran over me! Its been one horrible first night. I have not been passing gas or burping. I just feel like my insides are fire.

I'm on the losers bench! About 7:00 am yesterday I was sleeved. I feel like a train ran over me! Its been one horrible first night. I have not been passing gas or burping. I just feel like my insides are fire.

I felt the same way yesterday until I started walking. Everything feels better when I'm up. I really hope you feel better soon :-). Keep your chin up!