Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July Sleevers!

Congrats, Patrick. This is an important milestone because it does help it feel real. PROGRESS!

Good luck Donna. My surgery is scheduled for the 9th of July as well. I am excited about the lifestyle change. I start my pre-op on 06/28/2012

Girl I am so excited I can't hardly wait.

Good Luck to you too! We only have 26 more days!!!

Smoggy- thanks so much dear! I'm July 3rd in San Diego with Dr. Horgan.

Giselle- welcome! Why are you changing hospitals? I can't believe the anesthesiologist made such a terrible mistake. How are you recovering from that?

I'm going in tomorrow for a weigh in and and manometry study' date=' then my liquid diet starts Tuesday. Question for everyone...does your program have the same pre-op plan for everyone who is having the sleeve surgery or does it vary by starting weight, gender, health status, etc?[/quote']

I'm sorry, I missed your post. I'm changing hospitals to use the one my surgeon prefers and to be much closer to home. I'll have to pay 20% instead of zero but it's worth it now on so many levels. Also, my surgeon has the same pre op diet for all but he may vary the duration.

Quick question for you all... How many of you have to have an upper GI endoscopy pre-op? I am so excited and relaxed about the sleeve surgery but am dreading this endoscopy (afraid of gagging on that tube!). I have my endoscopy June 25th in preparation for surgery.... but well worth the effort if it gets me to my surgery on July 25th!

Can you say approved! Finally, I am an official July sleever

Can you say approved! Finally' date=' I am an official July sleever[/quote']

Hooray Christy! So happy for you!

Quick question for you all... How many of you have to have an upper GI endoscopy pre-op? I am so excited and relaxed about the sleeve surgery but am dreading this endoscopy (afraid of gagging on that tube!). I have my endoscopy June 25th in preparation for surgery.... but well worth the effort if it gets me to my surgery on July 25th!

I had an upper GI. It wasn't bad. They sedate you before they intubate.

They put a plastic ring in my mouth and told me to bite down on it. I could hear everyone in the OR chatting away and the next second I was waking up. I didn't even have a sore throat later. They told me the procedure only takes about 5 minutes.

That would be great!!! I'm new here from the June Sleevers group. I went to surgery June 7th but the anesthesiologist messed up my intubation and I couldn't have my surgery. I have to wait a month for the steroids to clear my system so my new date is...July 9th! I'm also changing hospitals so this time I'm going to Dallas. Since I've done the 14 days of pre-ops' date=' I may be able to help with your questions.

Please add Giselle for July 9th with Dr. Kim in Dallas. THANKS!

G.[/quote']

I am also new here and I am very excited about the lifestyle change. My surgery date is July 9th. Add Tandra to the list for July 9th!!!! Woo Hoo...

No upper GI is required for my surgery.

Mine is june 28th also dreading it.

Mine is June 29th - I'm so not looking forward to it. At all.

I'm 229 today. The first time I've been under 230 in I don't even remember how long. Feels good but I don't really see a difference yet. I have to confess, I kind of feel like I'm going to do this surgery and nothing is going to change. I can't even imagine myself being a normal weight.

I'm feeling a little slighted here. I've lost 3 lbs and can't seem to change my ticker! Lol anyone else have issues?

Not sure how the VST ticker works. With the TickerFactory one for weight, you just double click on the ticker and it opens another window. You type in your password, date, and weight. Then click next to save and it updates. Maybe this one is similar?