Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next Week Sleevers ? Or Anyone Whom Are Upcoming April Sleevers?

Good Morning all,

I am all most there. Yes this pre op diet has been crazy. I have been on it for 2 weeks Metabolic foods and even though it is food (not good, not totally bad but not good). Surgery is Monday at 8:30 am. I am getting excited the closer I get to the morning of.

My surgery was supposed to be April 17th but has been rescheduled for April 24th. I was upset at first because I have been on pre op diet since April 3 but I have settled in with it not anything I can really do about it right ? Lol.

My surgery is this Weds on the 18th, had my meeting at anesthesia yesterday, getting so nervous!!!

OMGoodness, my surgery is either April 17th or April 20th in Mexico, if everything lines up. It's coming all so fast. Once I had all my information,made the choice and asked what dates were available, they were right around the corner. Sent in form, doctor needs to approve, started pre-op diet (which is like signing on the dotted line) then planes tickets to El Paso!!! Could be flying out Monday!!! You think your mentally prepared until it comes down to it. Breathe, breathe.......I'm extremely excited, anxious, scared of all the things others are talking about on this forum. Sorry............just had to let it out. It's all good! :-)

My surgery is the 17th. Ive had a rough time with this preop diet. Ive really never been a liquid kinda person so i have cheated on the diet. I went online and i looked into diabetic recipe Soup and thats what ive been doing. Its still hard but i prefer that than the liquid alone. I understand that after my surgery im only gonna be on liquids and thats ok because what i hear from others u gotta force urself to drink cause u really dont want anything AT ALL but while my stomach is this big i just cant do it, its horrible. Scince my surgery is tuesday im really planning on starting today the liquid only for the next 3 days, hope i can stick to it. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I hope you have checked with your surgeon's office about what you are doing? Good luck to you!

OMGoodness, my surgery is either April 17th or April 20th in Mexico, if everything lines up. It's coming all so fast. Once I had all my information,made the choice and asked what dates were available, they were right around the corner. Sent in form, doctor needs to approve, started pre-op diet (which is like signing on the dotted line) then planes tickets to El Paso!!! Could be flying out Monday!!! You think your mentally prepared until it comes down to it. Breathe, breathe.......I'm extremely excited, anxious, scared of all the things others are talking about on this forum. Sorry............just had to let it out. It's all good! :-)

So exciting!!! Good luck - I wish I hadn't been waiting for what seems like FOREVER!! I see you're in Michigan too! Let us know how it goes.....

Joni,

I absolutely will let you know. I'm sure all will be fine. It's the darn "what ifs". When is your date?

A previous poster stated something to the effect of the thought process of a heart bypass or some other really scary out of your hands operation compared to this wonderful life changing and enhancing operation and it totally put it into perspective again. :-)

I'm set for 4/23. Doing the wicked 2-week preop diet now. I swear it is the hardest thing I've done in my life. I am amazing myself though. I am so determined. I want this and mean business!! lol. I had to do the 6-month wait for insurance, so I actually started my journey last September.I'm sooo ready. ;)

im on day 4 and am exhausted but not hungry but i get irriatated that people complain they are starving we were in tje car and everyone ordered in n out burgers and wanted to sit and eat it in the car and i didnt think tjat was to nice but once i got past the smell i was ok

im on day 4 and am exhausted but not hungry but i get irriatated that people complain they are starving we were in tje car and everyone ordered in n out burgers and wanted to sit and eat it in the car and i didnt think tjat was to nice but once i got past the smell i was ok

I think that's pretty crappy of people to eat stuff like that in front of you. I know life goes on around us but geez. I would have wanted to get out of the car I think! Probably made you stronger though.

One of the best parts of this preop thing is not dealing with food. I had spent so much time thinking and planning about what to make, cookbooks, on line recipes, and acutally cooking that it's a nice break from all that. My husband and daughter have been very kind with their meals. I froze some things ahead of time for them too. All I have to worry about is my diet pllan which is simple. If any smells get to me, I go in another room for awhile. I sure have noticed a lot of food commercials though!! Can't wait til 4/23!!

My son just did that today we had to go to chuck E cheese for a birthday pary and while he is only 9 and doens't understand everyday I just tell him I can't have what your having, but the little snot practically pushed the pizza in my mouth sayin ya what some don'tcha ? grrrrrr So Water ? thank you very much I am becoming a fish ... water and diet juice and proein shakes oh my !! lol I want to chew something !! but this all leads to get to a healthy me right ?? Skinny is the wondeful side effect ...lol and serisouly think there are 200 % more food commercials on tv now .... BTW how do I get a ticker on my posts ?

Hello all my surgery is April 17th and I have mixed feelings, I can't stop talking about it. I look myself in the mirror everyday and I'm just terrified. The hospital said they will call me on Monday to give me the exact time to go to the hospital on Tuesday and I just can't stop thinking about it. It's a traumatizing feeling let me tell you. I'm counting the days. I wonder how bad its gonna hurt and all the complications I may have such as clots and leakings. I'm 33 yrs old and I'm 228 pounds. I was 240 when I started. I'm drinking lots of liquids and not eating at all. Only tangerines which I crave. I havent prepared myself yet. I havent pack anything yet. And all i keep looking at is YouTube and all the videos they have.

I'm having my sleeve done on the 19th. It is all I can think about. I messed up on my preop diet tonight which I could kick myself for. My surgeon is Dr Trace Curry

My son just did that today we had to go to chuck E cheese for a birthday pary and while he is only 9 and doens't understand everyday I just tell him I can't have what your having, but the little snot practically pushed the pizza in my mouth sayin ya what some don'tcha ? grrrrrr So Water ? thank you very much I am becoming a fish ... Water and diet juice and proein shakes oh my !! lol I want to chew something !! but this all leads to get to a healthy me right ?? Skinny is the wondeful side effect ...lol and serisouly think there are 200 % more food commercials on tv now .... BTW how do I get a ticker on my posts ?

Mariposa - Here's the link about tickers

http://www.verticals...827#entry150827