Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"the Hunger Games" Are Not Only Appearing In Local Theatres - Day 1 Pre-Op Diet

I thought I was prepared for this but I'm STARVING!!!!! Today is day 1 of my two week pre-op liquid diet and I'm dying already! I am soooooo tempted to do a combination of liquid and Atkins Induction that it's not even funny. I don't know how I'm gonna get thru 2 weeks of this. These Protein Drinks are not getting it! My head hurts and I would absolutely kill for a piece of cheese. LOL

The first couple of days are the worst. The good news is that today is almost over. You can do this! You will be so proud of yourself for doing this. Look at the goal at the end of the tunnel. Can you see it? I see a bright skinner you standing at the end. Your smiling because your so proud of your accomplishment! Hang in there! ;)

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I know I'm gonna be in your shoes in just a few hours. We can do this. My motivation is that I want my liver to shrink so I have a quick and easy surgery. I don't want any food in there during surgery that might cause a leak afterwards. I'm scared $&@7less of complications so fear is my motivator for the pre-op diet. Good luck to you (and me!)

My surgery is 4/20. When is yours? Let's stay in touch!

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I know I'm gonna be in your shoes in just a few hours. We can do this. My motivation is that I want my liver to shrink so I have a quick and easy surgery. I don't want any food in there during surgery that might cause a leak afterwards. I'm scared $&@7less of complications so fear is my motivator for the pre-op diet. Good luck to you (and me!)

My surgery is 4/20. When is yours? Let's stay in touch!

Mine is 4/23 that is if I'm not dead from starvation by then. LOL I'm hoping it gets easier as the days go by as everyone has said. The after taste of these Protein drinks is blahhhhhh as well. Not a fan at all! I can do this though. That's what I have to keep telling myself. I work at night so I'm up now but I can't wait to get home. I'm just going to try and sleep the next two weeks away if I can. LOL

I started at midnight!! I'm counting on others saying after the first 3 days we won't even care. I hope and pray that is truly the case. My cupboard has all my supplies. I have frozen foods for hubby and daughter to eat so I don't have to be involved in kitchen cooking - thank God! Made my high Protein pudding. Will do the Jello tomorrow. Good luck fellow preop-ers! Let's unite and be strong!!! The count down begins...... here I come 4/23.

I started at midnight!! I'm counting on others saying after the first 3 days we won't even care. I hope and pray that is truly the case. My cupboard has all my supplies. I have frozen foods for hubby and daughter to eat so I don't have to be involved in kitchen cooking - thank God! Made my high Protein pudding. Will do the Jello tomorrow. Good luck fellow preop-ers! Let's unite and be strong!!! The count down begins...... here I come 4/23.

I would die for a pudding right now but my dr doesn't allow it. No milk at all. He's cruel. LOL Strickly Protein shakes, Jello, popsicles and that's it. It's pretty inhumane if you ask me. LOL I pray once ketosis kicks in it will get better. I'm right there with u on 4/23.

I think we are all dying of head hunger together. After two weeks on 2 Protein shakes and 1 lean cuisine you would think that the switch to 3 Protein Shakes would be just an easy switch.. nope..

I tried some new things today.. Isopure punch flavored and Isopure smoothie. I didn't care for either one, and they were way too expensive. I think I am going to go to bed just so I don't have to think about not eating.

LOL the title made me laugh out loud for real... Clears suck there is no other way to put it. Just keep focused!! Good Luck

I think we are all dying of head hunger together. After two weeks on 2 Protein shakes and 1 lean cuisine you would think that the switch to 3 Protein Shakes would be just an easy switch.. nope..

I tried some new things today.. Isopure punch flavored and Isopure smoothie. I didn't care for either one, and they were way too expensive. I think I am going to go to bed just so I don't have to think about not eating.

Ohhhhh Paula if only it were head hunger. I am having REAL hunger. LOL

Dorrie is absolutely right ... the first couple of days are the hardest. I wouldn't have made it through without broth and diet gingerale (which I really enjoyed because I knew I wouldn't have it post-op)! But once the third day rolled around I felt like, hey, I could do this liquid diet forever! Just remember -- it's worth it!

The pre op liquid diet wasn't required if we were able to lose the required weight prior to surgery. When the nutritionist was explaining it to us, she said that if the hunger was unbearable, to try eating a small amount of peanuts, or a small spoonful of natural Peanut Butter. Of course you'd want to check with your doctors to see if it's allowed, but that may help.

Same here...if we lost the weight he did not care if it were liquid diet or not. He only made me do fluids the two days before (and no red fluids). Good luck! You can do it! :)

How's everybody doing?

I've made it nearly through day 1 and it wasn't as hard as I thought. I had a vanilla Protein shake in the AM, a chocolate one for lunch and will have vanilla again for dinner. In between I've had chicken broth and an Edy's Splenda Popsicle. I also had diet lemonade from Chick-fil-A (freakin delicious!) and am now brewing some Decaf coffee. I made lasagna for my family for dinner so im pretty sure it's going to be torture when it comes out of the oven!!

So far so good. Though I know I'll be ready for surgery next Friday... because I'll be starving!

why do some have to do pre ip and others don't. I had to do day day pre ip to clean out my system