Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 Ways To Tighten Skin After Weight Loss

Thank you...great information. How did it/this work for you?

I have also seen that Bio oil and dry brushing really works and it starts to eliminate stretch marks....

Also and for me because of the weight loss I have I get that surgery will probably happen...but I have feared the turkey neck....so I am using it works wraps for tightening, I am using them on my neck once a week and on my arms..I will keep posted how well it works....

*grin*

I'e got all kinds of stuff on my bathroom countertop. stretch marks and the sagging are really diminishing although I know I can't hope for perfection. I'm using Mama Mio Skintight; Goodbye Stretch Marks, Boob Tube and Get Waisted body shaping cream, and they're all working a little bit, over time. I also have this stuff called Excel premium Stretch Mark Creme which got a fantastic rating on Amazon. I just started using it a couple days ago though. I'm also down to 176, so a couple more pounds seem to be drifting off.

I went to see a plastic surgeon in April. He told me a Tummy Tuck was the only solution ( of course) and if I lost any more weight the area would get worse. I'm not sure about this anymore. My belly is really looking a lot better and I keep asking myself if I would trade it for a tight belly button and a scar where I got slashed open from hip to hip. I keep thinking I'd really rather not have the scar.

I just got a body wrap today and I lost 31&1/2 inches total from my body. I can definitely tell the difference, especially in my pants. I wore tight pants just for the purpose of seeing if I could tell physically afterwards. I have gotten body wraps before and I have done really well with them, back when I was losing weight on my own prior to gaining it back. I plan to get body wraps at least monthly. I have a goal of losing 20 more pounds by the fourth of July for my vacation, and I want my body to reflect all of the pounds lost. Some of these tips really do work, but like the OP said, all things don't work for all people.

You can lose weight from wraps?

I'e got all kinds of stuff on my bathroom countertop. stretch marks and the sagging are really diminishing although I know I can't hope for perfection. I'm using Mama Mio Skintight; Goodbye Stretch Marks, Boob Tube and Get Waisted body shaping cream, and they're all working a little bit, over time. I also have this stuff called Excel premium Stretch Mark Creme which got a fantastic rating on Amazon. I just started using it a couple days ago though. I'm also down to 176, so a couple more pounds seem to be drifting off.

I went to see a plastic surgeon in April. He told me a Tummy Tuck was the only solution ( of course) and if I lost any more weight the area would get worse. I'm not sure about this anymore. My belly is really looking a lot better and I keep asking myself if I would trade it for a tight belly button and a scar where I got slashed open from hip to hip. I keep thinking I'd really rather not have the scar.

Hey hunnie,

I'm Stephanie 25 from NJ, USA

You started at the same weight I did however I went into surgery

Last Thursday at 255. I weighed in yesterday at 244.8

How long did it take you to hit 200,190,180?

I can't imagine how happy I will be..

Let's chat!

God Bless

Steph

:). Hi there.

I might the wrong person to ask because I did *not* diet and did *not* work out crazily. I mean I do get exercise -- Pilates 4 times a week -- but I don't obsess about either thing. I eat out of the grocery store and do eat CARBS; I hate Water and I'm sure I get in at least 100 ounces of fluids every day but that includes Decaf and sobe lifewater and Vitamin Water zero.

So I was a slow loser on purpose. But let's see -- I think I got under 200 in February; to about 190 in March; I was 183 in April; 176 in May..and now to a NEW LOW of 172!!!!!

It's about 117 down so far. My "goal" is 155. I keep thinking I'm going to stop losing at some point but so far that hasn't happened. I'm also in size eights these days.

Be patient. It comes off even when you think it's not coming off. :)

All skin is different, even on the same person! I am looking forward to abdominoplasty and breast reduction next year.. however! I am going to go great guns at pump classes and use scrubs and get massages to win the battle with my thighs and batwings!

I know that after a 10 lb baby 17 years ago, recent twin pregnancy and carrying all this weight around for years.. and my TIGER marks all over my lower stomach, it will not heal naturally.. I am holding high hopes for the rest!

One more thing that wasn't mentioned is to NOT smoke! All the plastic surgeons I worked with would refuse to do facelifts on people that smoked. You had to quit for at least 6 months before they would do it. Smoking makes the tiny capillaries that carry blood & oxygen to the surface close down.

Last, it is physically impossible to absorb & assimilate collagen from a lotion or Creme. Collagen is the connective tissue in all our bodies & is the first & fastest cell type to decline. That is why the surfaces of our joints wear out & our skin starts to wrinkle & sag as we age (regardless of weight loss).

When I ran a laser in a Dermatology clinic, we would 'zap' the patient until they bruised. The reason is part of the protective process of our bodies to damage is to increase collagen (aka scar) tissue to form. Look at people's scars--most aren't loose, they are tight & red for months. Sorry for the long-winded explanation!

You might also try Strivectin ($149 a tube), we used to recommend that for stretch marks or any lotion with Vitamin E, cocoa butter or coconut oil. They help to keep the moisture in the skin which preserves elasticity.

I have also seen that Bio oil and dry brushing really works and it starts to eliminate stretch marks....

Also and for me because of the weight loss I have I get that surgery will probably happen...but I have feared the turkey neck....so I am using it works wraps for tightening' date=' I am using them on my neck once a week and on my arms..I will keep posted how well it works....

*grin*[/quote']

Hi there!

So how are the It Works body wraps working out? I saw a video about it but was afraid it was too good to be true.

Thanks so much for this! I have been a wreck about making sure I do not have to much skin...:) Great advice.

We could also try out professional skin care services at a dermatologist.

MSM also helps tighten loose skin. There's a guy on YouTube -- his channel is LovingRaw, if I remember correctly.. anyway.. he was 400+ lb & lost down to his goal weight with raw food & doesn't have any loose skin. he does skin brushing & eats MSM... so might want to check him out & look into those options as well. :)

oh.. if you eat fruits and stuff high in collagen, that helps.. collagen is what give skin it's elacticity. :) one high collagen berry is the blueberry! :)

don't forget to moisturize your skin! they have MSM lotion on Amazon. it has all sorts of healthy oils & stuff in it! and also don't forget that your skin is your biggest organ & whatever you put on it is absorbed into your bloodstream.. so be careful about what creams and stuff you use. :)

Awesome. Thanks! :)

great info. thanks Jimmy. I'm going by ULTA on the way home to get that Salt scrub. They have a cocont one that I adore. :)

Has anyone ever tried dry skin brushing and/or coconut oil for loose skin? I heard it is really good for that.