Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Has Anyone Else Had To Do The Lovonox Injections

My doctor makes all his patients do 2 weeks of Lovonox Injections to prevent blood clots. Urghhh... I just want to say how much I hate them. 2x a day. I hate it, can't wait until I can be done with that. On the bright side I guess its a small price to pay for a new lease on life.

I had to do them once a day for 2 weeks!!! Hated it!! But it was so worth it!!

I was a little worried about the injections myself but it really was no where near as bad as blood withdrawal or even steroid shot. Luckily for me, my wife had just started nursing school and she was excited to have a guinea pig to inject for two weeks. Good luck, hopefully the time will fly by.

I did them. Not a big deal. They do leave bruises, though.

I did heparin, 3 times a day x 2 weeks... Didn't hurt at all the first several days, then they really started to smart!!

Hmmmm, nothing like that from my Dr. So many variations on pre, surgery and post procedures.

I did the injections too. Once a day for 2 weeks...It was kind of wierd at first but after a few gos in became more natural.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had to do them too but my tongue swelled up and I started my period and was soaking pads every 20 minutes. Im just 5 days post op and had to stop them. I've been walking around to avoid the blood clots. It didnt bother me to give myself the shots, it just bothered me that my tongue swelled up and I kept biting it. lol

They only gave me one injection before I left the hospital. None after that

It sure is crazy how different each Dr is!! I had a heparin injection right before surgery and that was it.

It sure is crazy how different each Dr is!! I had a heparin injection right before surgery and that was it.

I also had one right before surgery and that's it.

I think I had one while I was still in the hospital. I can't remember if it was before or after the surgrey. It is weird how different do things. I'm glad I didn't have to inject myself.

Had several injections while in the hospital but none at home.

I was supposed to do Arixtra for 7 days, but I ended up having an undocumented allergic reaction to one of my meds, so they had no idea which it was... so they told me not to do the injections.

I also got a heparin injection during my pre-op preparation.

I'd told DH he was going to do the injections, and I think he psyched himself up (to be able to) so much that he was a little disappointed. :)