Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Im 23 and scheduled to be sleeved April 25th.. pre oppers was the pain awful when waking? That's my WORST fear

I am not sure how bad it will hurt but it will be so worth it.

I don't really remember that day or night much. I do remember waking up a lot to go pee due to IV fluids. I only remember being gassy is the most painful part so I just took gas X pills and strips.

It might hurt some, but it won't be the worst pain you've ever felt. It's more annoying than anything. And so worth it! I'm 4 months out and NOTHING would stop me from doing this again!

Yes... but they have really good drugs, so it doesn't last long!!!

I had a morphine drip for the first 24ish hours. Once I got out of the hospital, I had liquid painkiller, but I literally took it only once. There was some pain but the gas was the worst...however, its all about 72 hours of crap and then it gets way better. Don't worry! You are strong enough to get through this.

I hardly had pain at all. by the second day I had stopped all pain meds. I felt sore like a really hard work out in my abs but not horrible pain. Everyone is different and will react differently.. my biggest fear was not the pain cause I knew they had good meds to help with that and they use the iv to administer them so they hit you fast. I was scared of waking up from the surgery and trying to hit someone because I would be confused. But I barely remember at all. My mom says i woke up and asked her if I looked skinny yet and told her to take a picture.. lol

You will be fine. Will you have someone with you for support? I know that helped me so much.

My c section was way worse with pain. WAY WAY worse!

It will be so worth it I promise and I am only 7 weeks out. I feel like a new person,

When I woke up, I was all smiles. The anesthesiologist gave me a shot that numbed me from my ribs to my pelvis. I agree with the constant going to the bathroom. Those IVs will keep you mobile. It will be helpful to have someone there with you who can assist with this. My weight in at discharge was higher than pre-op due to the fluids. The fluids weight will go away quickly.

Keep your head up. It is sooooo worth it.

I was so scared to but I never made it as far as "waking up." I was terrified of the actually surgery. And as strange as it sounds of being put under during the surgery. The pain was not as the gas for me. I was up and walking to the bathroom a few min, after I woke up. Plus you'll be getting some pretty awesome pain meds :D

The only thing I remember about waking up in the recovery room was me moaning about "it huurrrrts..." (it was probably the gas they pump in during the surgery) Then the next thing I knew i was waking up in my hospital room. They kept the pain managed very well. I took my pain meds for exactly 2 weeks, but I had a hernia repair that did not want to settle down right away. Otherwise, I think I would have felt great. The sooner and the more you walk, the faster you feel better.

I forgot to mention the dreaded nausea. Yes ill have support and I can get through this im just one of those who likes to be "in the know" lol

Hummm,I really didn't have any pain except when moving to get up to go to the bathroom or walk. I really took advantage of the morphine drip because I knew that I would want to lease ASAP. I remember sleeping with my bed in an upward position so the gas didn't bother me as much. It was just moving to get up. I did discover that I am really a baby when I've had surgery. LOL ;)

I had barely any pain at all. The only discomfort came from the gas in my chest area. Other than that, it was manageable. :) You will will be fine!

The only thing I remember about waking up in the recovery room was me moaning about "it huurrrrts..." (it was probably the gas they pump in during the surgery) Then the next thing I knew i was waking up in my hospital room. They kept the pain managed very well. I took my pain meds for exactly 2 weeks, but I had a hernia repair that did not want to settle down right away. Otherwise, I think I would have felt great. The sooner and the more you walk, the faster you feel better.

My only nausea came from the fact that I could not drink anything (not even ice chips) for the first...almost 24 hours until they did the leak test. My doctor doesn't allow ANYthing in the stomach until that test. Not all docs do that though. They give you the nausea meds in your i.v. if you have trouble though. It's a quick trip through the hospital. It'll be over before you know it. ;)

I was feeling sore and with some chest pressure due to the gas,but I was fine. I compared my surgery with my emergency c section in 2009 and I will take 10 VSG's over a c section for sure lol. I was walking the same day that I had surgery. You will be fine,It gets better for sure with the days