Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.morris Washington's Crew

Okay guys, I had my surgery on Tuesday , July 17 th and that night was rough and the following morning. By yesterday afternoon it was great. I also had my hiatal hernia repaired . I love me some SF icicle pops and the sipping of Water and broth is good. They removed the drain yesterday afternoon and that helped my pain tremendously. I cannot say enough about how Dr. Washington and Emily have been towards me, they both are very dedicated to there work and patients, very passionate about us all. They don't make a lot of surgeons that way anymore. The staff at Conway Medical Center have been fantastic. They have treated me so good that I might decide to stay a week..Hahahah, this is better than the Hilton with room service.. Seriouly I am ready to go home but I would not be if they had not helped me start my journey.

Jafter I am local so I will be seeng u at the support groups, I understand that u guys have a good time.

Meredith, I am 3 months out of surgery and I can eat anything that I would like. I still drink a protien shake for Breakfast but now I put in a banana and some frozen strawberries for extra flavor and Vitamins. lunch I stick to protiens maybe left overs or a half a can of tuna or chicken. I make hard boiled eggs sometimes and eat either just the egg or make egg salad. For dinner I make a hamburger, girlled chicken, fish, chili, shrimp, stuffed peppers, anything actually. I stay away from carbs and sweets. If I do have one I eat very little of them.

Once you are ready start walking it will help that fat melt away and firm up your muscles. You dont want to lose your muscles during your recouporation. (sp).

So keep drinking your Water so you do not get dehydrated.

Hey everyone, how is it going? I have had two bouts of feeling hungry since I started this. The first was the night before surgery, the hunger and growling in my stomach woke me up. Then again last night the same thing. What kind of milk did you guys use for everything? I have the silk almond milk but someone said that it did not make the SF pudding a pudding consistency.....any tips on what to eat or drink 2 nd week post op?

I don't mean to butt in on you post Sparky but I need some encourgement I was just informed that my surgury was pushed back another week to 9/19/12 due to a conflict with Dr Washingtons schedule. I have been on a 2 Protein Shake one in the morning and one in the evening and eat a regular lunch for almost 3 1/2 weeks Trying to loose the 11lbs I gained since I scheduled the surgury I have lost 10 lbs my first week and not a pound since Im drinking only Water which is killing me (no Caffine I'm Dragging.) Probally drank a gallon of sweet tea a day before. Im starting to wonder if I'm going to loose anything after the surgury I still have 3 weeks before I start my preop diet of 3 weeks liquid diet. It would just suck to do the surgury and not loose anything. sorry again sparky.

Don't worry Lloydthumper you will lose. I started the pre op diet of full liquids ( shakes only) and Water or crystal light on July 1 and my surgery was on the 17th. I lost weight before and after. Right now I have not lost any for 3 days but I haven't gained either. Don't get discouraged your day will be here before you know it and you will lose.

Hey guys, you will go through stalls it happens. The thing is not to give up this is a marathon not a sprint. I am 3 months post op and I am down 80lbs. Stick to the diet the best you can and exercise. I have slacked off exercising the past 2 weeks and I am not losing as fast as I was when I did exercise. Hopefully things at work and around the house will slow down so I can get back in the swing.

Jafter that is great progress how often are you exercising and how long and what exercises are you doing? How soon after the surgury did you start exercising?

I started walking about a week after surgery. I did it gradually walking up and down the street. Then I walked around the block then worked up to 3 miles a couple of times but now I try and do 2 miles every other day depending on how busy i am at work. I was going to the gym after 6 weeks, I really liked that but it has been busy lately and may switch to the conway gym it is only 35 bucks a month cheaper than the hospital at 60 a month.

I need to exercise more I have slowed down losing weight i need to kick it back into gear.

hey all. I'M SLEEEVEEEEDDD!

I was sleeved on 8.8- i came out of surgery screaming and moaning "omg it hurts so bad, my chest, i feel like im having a heart attack" they assured me i wasn't and it eventually got better. I was walking less than an hour after they put me in my room, b/c i couldn't stand the shoulder pain.

everyone was great, the endoscopy was fine (a little sore throat after)

didn't see dr washington thurs but emily discharged me. I didn't like the feeling of the drain coming out...everything else was fine.

I would recommend coastal bariatrics to everyone.

Today, 4 days out...i'm still having a little trouble bending..i kinda need help putting my pants on. but im kinda milking it too :)

I still have some intense gas pains here and there but they are getting better.

Getting out of bed is hard, i need help...but im in the hotel bed and i have nothing to hold on to.

Trying to get down a whole bottle of Isopure a day is torture.

I got liquid Multivitamin today.....tastes like ass.

As of this morning I was 257.4

I'm down 23 lbs from my highest of 280.4 (july 11) and 6.6 from surgery on wednesday (aug 8)

I can proudly say BYE 280S, BYE 270S, BYE 260S!!! i'll NEVER EVER see you again!!!

I'm guessing that since everyone is getting there sleeve Dr washingtons crew is just me now :) I don't hear anything from anyone anymore.

You are not alone in the forum. Did you go to the support group meeting last week. Next month they will be doing a clothing swap so you can recycle your larger clothes for someone who may need them so they do not have to go shopping. I am going to resign up for the gym at the hospital that should help me kick start my weight loss. I have not been as diligent as I should be.

I'm still here too, just stay in the dark and watch from a distance. Jafter, do you happen to have a copy of the blood work list Dr. W gave you? I cleaned out my car today and, of course, through mine out. Also, around how much did it cost? I don't have insurance and was self-pay. Right now, I think I'm having gallbladder trouble. I went on to a cheap Walmart Protein (NEVER EVER again), and was sick almost every night. Thinking it was the protein or milk I was mixing it with, I went back on my regular and was feeling good until tonight when I ate ONE french fry (also, NEVER again!). To the best of my knowledge, Dr. Washington didn't talk much about having to possibly take out the gallbladder due to rapid weight loss. Some sleevers who I talk to said that their surgeon went ahead and took theirs out after an ultrasound during their sleeve. Others said that they got medicine one month out in case the gallbladder started acting up. On the 30th, I'll be 3 months out and 72 lbs lighter! It's such an amazing journey, and I can say that it isn't easy but also isn't as hard as I thought it would be. My mom doesn't understand how I can turn away cheesecake or ice cream so easily. Good luck with everyone! I'll be seeing Dr. Washington next month and will ask him all of my questions. Hmmph!

I am still here also, now down 35 pounds from the beginning of pre op diet. I am going to join the wellness center this week and start my ummm extra curricular activity along this journey that I have chosen. S far so good. What I miss the most is my PEPSi.......

Thanks for replying sparky sorry it took me so limg to reply back. I just started my preop yesterday so far it stinks. I'm having headaches from the artificial sweetener in the muscle milk light. Plus it tastes nasty to me. I quit drinking soft drinks about 6 months ago. But I gave up my beloved sweet tea about 3 months ago. I'm going to do my best to stick to the all liquid 3 week diet. But I don't understand why you can't eat thinks like celery lettuce brocoli etc on the pre op nothing but liquid sucks. I hope I make it.