Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hypocrites

Backstory: I'm 12 pounds away from the lowest weight I've been since I was 18 (I'm 55). I work mainly with three others: A skinny one with a potbelly, a skinny vegan who sneaks meat, and a petite slightly pudgy.

Petite pudgy looks at my lunch and says, "Everyday, the food level in your containers gets higher and higher." I look at her chips, PB&J, and apple, and tell her that I pack 2 -3 days' worth of food in one container so that I don't have to rush around every morning to put a lunch together. She rolls her eyes.

Skinny potbelly, who used to sneer as she looked me up and down, asked at an office birthday, "You're not going to have just ONE ice-cream sandwich? Really?" She is developing "bra bulge," and she wants me to eat crap.

Sneaking vegan grills me for signs of sleeve complications. "Are you SURE that you're doing okay? You're not sick?" Meanwhile, she eats mostly corn, potatoes, and Pasta, now with a bit of meat sauce.

Grrrr.

Tell them when they get their own weights under control then they can spend their energy focusing on yours.

Let them roll off your back, honey! You're doing fantastic and they are SO jealous of you they can't stand it!!! Just keep doing what you know you're supposed to do! :)

Just ignore them. Some people are only happy if they are attacking others, it puts the focus off their own problems. You are doing great!

Eeheehee, how fun!! You can really f*** with them and feel good about it, these b****s have it coming!

WOW! JEALOUSY is alive and well! Every time they make a comment to you...just smile inside because you know that they are eaten up with jealousy!!! Great job on your successful weight loss!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I totally love your description of each one of those people! Totally priceless. . . like the previous posters mentioned just ignore them, they are jealous cause they see your losses and don't like the idea that they are failing themselves. Sort of like some of the negative people on this forum, they are miserable and want to take everyone else around them down with them. . . so keep you head high and do some "eye rolls" yourself. . . hahahaha. . . your doing fantastic!

LMAO - awesome post - made me giggle right out of the gate! Nickname yourself "Drop Dead Gorgeous" in that group!! :D

hey that means you are doing something right! keep up the good work, and keep being honest to yourself, they are not even worth your time.

Sounds like they are dealing with their own insecurities, which makes me feel really sad for them. Usually those who act this way are hurting on the inside, and it comes out as jealousy, and anger. I know I've been there before!

It could be a play. Try writing a short one-act. :)

This made me laugh because I too have had the same thing from my co-worker. I have figured out really quickly that she has always enjoyed that she was the skinny younger one and I am the older fat one. All along our personalities have been completely different in that I am friendly and outgoing and she is just a waste of a nice body with that sour attitude. So now as I am losing weight she has started saying "oh I need to lose 10 lbs, I'm so fat". It is obvious she is wanting me to say "no, you don't need to lose weight". I don't even respond to that. But I do understand what you are saying that it gets annoying after a while being around people like that.

Whenever people dramatically change themselves, other people are going to comment. People comment on all kinds of random stuff. Most of the time, your brain filters the innane clutter and you move on...until someone hits a hot button.

We can either choose to waste our energy on other people, or choose to get to the root of why certain topics elicit an emotional response. If this is a hot button issue, you're going to waste a lot of time and energy frustrated by other people's commentary. I used to get that same response about my feet. Then I figured out why it was such a hot button and now it doesn't bother me. (I have club feet that have been surgically repaired as a child but they aren't "normal" or "pretty" looking feet)

What the heck is wrong with people??? What is SO hard about saying "WOW, you look great!! Congratulations!" ?? ("Oh no!! If the fat girl gets skinny, then I'LL be the fat girl!! How DARE she!!")

God help us.

You can always really get under their collective skins by saying something like, "No, I don't have any complications! This is totally fine! Can you believe it?! I eat whatever I want, I'm never hungry, and look at me, I weigh as much as I did when I was 18! Isn't this crazy?! I say, it's pretty awesome being me these days! Mmmm, this tastes so good!"

I expect lots of pregnant silence in response.....lol.