Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally - 8 Week Stall Is Over! (I Hope!)

Phewie! I am SO afraid that this horrendous, horrible, never-ending stall is not really over and the scale is just teasing me.....I'm afraid to hope, since I lost so much hope over these last 8 weeks!

On February 4, I hit the 50-lb lost mark, after only 3.5 months out of surgery. I hit 252 from my high of 302. I was so ecstatic, but I wanted to get to 249 so bad....that is SUCH a major mental marker, to be under 250 - the lower half of the 200's and on my way to onederland.

Then, my body betrayed me :( I was literally STUCK at 252, 253, 252, 251, 252 for EIGHT FLIPPING WEEKS! The worst part was, I wasn't losing inches, either!!! I kept getting on here (but not contributing much, I was pretty down), and everyone's response to everyone else's stall was "but wait, measure yourself, I bet you're losing inches" and most were losing inches, even though the scale wasn't moving. But not my body, no way, no how. It was a nightmare. All the momentum and excitement and hope I had since way before the surgery depleted a little bit more week by week. I kept logically telling myself, 'you know this is temporary, you know this happens, you know you're not done losing weight, you know you will break this.' But no matter what, it still sucked me down into the vortex of self-doubt and blame. I kept telling myself 'you need more Protein, more Water, more exercise, less carbs, stand on your head, try the cabbage Soup diet, try this, don't do that, etc, etc,' back into the world of diet failures and worrying 'am i doing enough? am i eating too much, am I not trying hard enough?'. I kept checking on here and reading about stalls, thought I knew it all, used to tell people to 'relax, you know you'll lose, we all do - stalls don't last forever'. Kept reading about people's three day, four day, one week, two week, and even *gasp* FOUR week stalls. They just made me feel even worse since no seemed to ever hit a EIGHT week stall after THREE months of surgery. Criminey...what the hell was wrong with my body!!?? What have I done to ruin my surgery so soon! Yes, I don't always eat right, and yes, I don't always get my protein or water in, but dang.....EIGHT WEEKS! NO pounds and even more devastating, NO inches, either. All under 1000-1200 calories a day....is it even physically possible??

But fast forward to late last week. The scale went to 250.8. Had been at 250 before, no biggie. Then 250.4, then 250.6, then 250.2, then 251, then 250.0!! Are you kidding me!! Really!! Then 250.0 for THREE MORE DAYS....it hovered there, hovered, taunting me, laughing at me....not even an ounce to help me along....

I had even stopped weighing daily during this stall, only doing so once a week, which hurt even more, cause I was sure after trying with all my might to not weigh for a whole week I would lose....but no, waiting until Monday didn't work, only disappointed me worse.

Then, miraculously, this morning.....got up, went pee, stood on the scale. 249.8. Off the scale, rub eyes, step back on. 249.8. Repeat 8 times. Same reading. Could it be?? Finally? Broke the stall? On my way to onederland? Finally below 250!!

So scared to get excited and hopeful again. What if it's not over?? It did this once before. From 252, I got down to 250.8 once in late February, but then shot up to 253 the very next day....and never saw it again. Till last week.

Now......249.

So scared....but excited, but scared to be excited, too. Wish I could see just a week into the future to know if I really finally broke my stall or not....actually, scratch that....If I have a wish, I want to see a YEAR into the future to see if I ever even get to onederland!!

Sorry for the negative post....those that know me know I'm not usually like this...which is why I've been so absent lately.

Love you all.....and SO glad you are all here, and we are here for each other!! :wub:

I'm pretty much in the same boat with you. I'm kinda like, WTH, i know i should lose about 14 lbs but my body says no. I'm trying to shift my mind set to letting my body do what it wants, when it wants and to keep feeding it healthy. I have started giving up sugar and keeping it clean. It's still pops in my mind. Oh well, today is a new day and I did go for a long walk with my DH. That felt good. The last time we did that walk, was right before we came down with whooping cough. That was a year ago. LOL ;) Thanks for sharing I really needed to hear this.

Prayin' the stall is over for you! Thanks for sharing! Believe it or not, it helps everyone on here. Great perseverance! :)

Hoping that that nasty stall is over for you! I hope getting that out helps. Stay positive and keep working it!

Thank you guys, so much!

Way to go! an 8 week stall is definitely a test of patience but you are doing this. Bless you for your perserverance. You are on your way to onederland--I just know it!!

OMG 8 weeks? i would have been going out of my mind. Here's to hoping it's over for you! I'm only 2.5 weeks out but have been stalled since day 4.... no loss. It's really hard to eb excited when I'm not losing, so I do ndertand.

You know what's wonderful about the sleeve ? Even during a really bummer 8 week stall you COULDN'T give up ! Any other "regular" diet would have been trashed after a 2 month stall. Hooray for sleever victory !! woop woop woop !!!

You're doing awesome!!! I'm happy for you!!! I really want to get this 26 pounds off in 6 weeks!!! I want to be under 300 for the first time in a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time!!

Your post really encouraged me!!!! Best wishes!!

OMG 8 weeks? i would have been going out of my mind. Here's to hoping it's over for you! I'm only 2.5 weeks out but have been stalled since day 4.... no loss. It's really hard to eb excited when I'm not losing' date=' so I do ndertand.[/quote']

I'm also 2 1/2 weeks out. Gained several pounds in the last 6 days. Don't understand. Today I decided to increase my Protein to 80+ grams to see if it makes a difference (I'd only been getting 45-57 before). Perhaps things will improve for both of us.

I know I had 4 weeks and was losing it 163 to 167 tofinally today 160 cant wait to bein the 150's I willl be 5months out next week so scary feels like it wont come off havent been 150's 25 years lol Best of luck to you I trully understand and so glad you shared keep it up you look great!

So glad you shared your story. I seem to be a staller. I lose in steps. So it is really encouraging to hear about your journey. It is hard not to be discouraged, isn't it?

WooHoo!! Congrats on breaking out of stall prison. Hope you can make a full on run for Onederland now.

Run, Mini Run! :0D

I just wanted to tell you I am sure you are not alone...but you are the only one who posted about their 8 week stall. It is hard to admit all those emotions and feeling you had. I also know that your post will help someone behind you going through the same thing. Hang in there and heres to a big loss this week!

I'm on my 7th week stall. I'm so depressed...I eat like a rabbit and walk daily but the scale is staying the same