Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Still Really Self Conscious About Their Looks?

I'm sad to say I still am really self conscious about what I look like. I know with clothes, I'm pretty happy ( except for some new saddle bags- I alway had then, now they are very pronounced!!)

With out clothes??? Well, I feel like I look like a winkle dog. I hate a the extra skin!!! My upper body faired quite well. My lower body? Yuck.

I downloaded my pics from my first half marathon. I was really excited as it was at Disney and I wore a tutu : )

Turns out, the tutu showed off my middle : (

I know I'm my worst critic, but I FELT so damn good!! I guess I need to learn to go with my feelings ( and not wear a tutu again) lol

hoping this works. here's a pic. I was insanely happy at this moment. I was at the finish!!! LOL

post-6663-13813658507374_thumb.jpg

hoping this works. here's a pic. I was insanely happy at this moment. I was at the finish!!! LOL

You look awesome!!! Makes me excited about my own upcoming adventure! Keep up the good work!

I still look in the mirror and see a fat woman. This has been going on about a week now where I look in the mirror and quickly have to jump on the scale to make sure I have not gained weight. I go up and down about a kg or so....but other than that no weight gain (knock on wood). I'm down to a size 2 I feel good, I have lost a lot of hair but I cut it all off into a cute style and have had it dyed so on that front I'm ok....

It's weird because i don't "feel" thin. I know i am, but in my head i'm still the fat girl. I guess the weightloss just happened so quickly, that my head hasn't really caught up yet. I' m very self conscious about my stomach and don't like to wear tight shirts. It still looks fat and boated to me. My husband thinks i'm crazy....lol.

I did before and after photos....in a bikini. When i'm feeling bad about myself i look at my before photo and realize how far i've come in such a short time. :)

You are truly your own worse critic (as am I). I look at your picture and I see a beautiful, active woman and I can't wait to join you on the loser's bench.

Honestly?! I don't see a fat girl... I don't even see "former fat girl". That picture shows a strong, healthy woman who is thrilled with her life and has just enoug zany in her to wear a tutu to run a princess-themed race. I LOVE IT!!! :) I don't think that your stomach looks bad in that picture at all. :) You look amazing!!! :)

I see a beautiful, very happy, and fit woman here. I understand though. I am so full of self hatred when it comes to my body that I will probably have some dysmorphia too. I'm afraid of the skin.... Just know that to the world, you look great!

I am going to start to sound like a broken record on this site, but you may want to see a psychologist to help you work through these issues. If you didn't like yourself before surgery, losing weight alone is not going to help your self esteem. You are likely leaps and bounds healthier, but until you figure out what the issue is inside your brain you will always find something to be unhappy about with yourself. In that picture you looked healthy and happy and I don't see what you mean about it showing your middle. Good Luck! You are doing great.

I don't see what you see either. You look absolutely fabulous girl!

You look like a champion! Congrats on the marathon - what an amazing accomplishment. I think you look beautiful!

YOU LOOK MAHVALOUS, HONEY!

I hear your struggle. It would be ideal if we all could get some kind of therapy to help us with our underlying issues that got us to this point. There are a lot of people that have had wls and end up putting the weight back on due to the underlying issues. This is a great time to get some additional help in continuing our journey to a healthier new us. If we take a step back and realize that it's ok to get help and that it's a team effort to live a healthier new life. I'm on my journey for a healthier new life and my family is also part of it. My hubby has been changing his eating habits too. I do need help, and will get the help. I don't want to gain my weight back. I guess I started responding to this OP and now I realize that I'm talking to myself also. ;)

You have a beautiful body and will do fine. Yes, we have a lot of skin but it's just skin. You probably don't have as much skin as you think you do. I know mine looks like a lot to me, but it's really not. Does that make sense?

You look amazing!!! I would be thanking God forever if I'm even close to what you look like at my one year mark! And marathons?? They seem like Mt.Everest to me right now... If I EVER walk 5 miles at a strech I would name myself 'Lady Bolt'!! :)

But seriously, nothing matches that beautiful happy smile on your face! I think it is the most valuable gift from your sleeve!