Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In going to tj in may and while I realize things are not what they seem sometimes I'm very worried about the border violence. Anyone who has been please ease my mind!

I just got back from Tijuana Saturday. I didn't witness any type of violence or border violence. I felt very safe while I was there the whole time. Once at the hotel, my friend and I walked around and went to Starbucks and a pharmacy. It was just like any other Starbucks I've been to. Which surgeon are you using?

The TJ/Cali border is one of the safest areas. All the border violence you read about is more by Texas, Ariz and New Mex. Furthermore, all the shootings and what not are usually at a specific location where people who are involved in certain activities are the targets.

I walked around by myself and felt fine. As long as you don't wander off at night time into an alleyway, you will be safe.

Military patrol everywhere as well.

Dr. Ponce is my surgeon. Trish is heaven sent!

Thank you both. I see youtube videos of tj and they are frightening. I live in Jacksonville so certain areas here are pretty bad and I know the same for Tj but cant help to wonder! How was your experience coming back across the border into San Diego? ?

Ok from what I've read Trish is great and will take you everywhere. I left Saturday morning at 6 am. We were actually lucky we got thru in 45 minutes. Ana said on the weekends it could take up to 3 hours. It was cool looking at all the street vendors (I wanted a burrito soooo bad) and stores right on the border that will bring your merchandise while you wait in line. The guy scanned our passports and looked at our faces to make sure it was us. Then we went on to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I also returned from Tijunan on Saturday. I felt safe there. I even went to the huge outdoor market that was all hispanic. I didn't see another white person! The only time I felt unsafe was riding in a cab.

I just got back from Tijuana Saturday. I didn't witness any type of violence or border violence. I felt very safe while I was there the whole time. Once at the hotel, my friend and I walked around and went to Starbucks and a pharmacy. It was just like any other Starbucks I've been to. Which surgeon are you using?

Were you at Hotel Tician? Dr. Almanza will do my revision to sleeve. My friend and I will stay at the hotel. Did they come by to give you pain meds? Did that purple stuff you had to drink to see if you had a leak taste terrible? I am more worried about the purple stuff than the surgery!

Were you at Hotel Tician? Dr. Almanza will do my revision to sleeve. My friend and I will stay at the hotel. Did they come by to give you pain meds? Did that purple stuff you had to drink to see if you had a leak taste terrible? I am more worried about the purple stuff than the surgery!

The stuff to drink for the leak test tastes like apple ink....it is nasty, but it is tolerable...It took me about 45 minutes to get it alll down but it went down and stayed down....

I didn't stay at the Ticuan but those who did said it was very nice :) My understanding is that patients at the hotel are driven to the clinic once a day for pain meds. We got pain meds several times a day at the recovery house.

The purple stuff tastes nasty, but you'll manage to get it down.

And to the original poster, I too just returned from Tijuana and I always felt safe. Re taxis, get your hotel to call one rather than just flagging a random cab on the street (good safety advice in many places).

Good luck and good healing to everyone!

Apple Ink, I think I can do that! There is a travel warning for Tiajuna but they don't say don't go. They say be careful, do not go out at night alone.

I stayed at the Lucerna hotel. Yes I was given antibiotics, pain meds, and acid reducer omeprazole. I didnt really need the pain meds. I took one before my flight just in case. The stuff I drank was clear. It tasted like nasty cough Syrup. It wasn't bad going down but the taste lingered in my mouth.

I was in TJ two weeks ago for my surgery at INT hospital with Dr. Rodriguez through Belite. I never once felt unsafe. On the contrary, the city was what you expect from a large city - crazy traffic, lots of people, some areas where things looked poor and some areas of affluence. I never saw any violence and never worried about it. TJ was a very colorful an vibrant place and I plan to return there sometime soon to vacation. It's just like anywhere. If you are where you aren't supposed to be, or dealing rugs, or causing problems, you might see some violence. Walking down the street to the open air market or the corner coffee place? No. Don't let the media hype fool you.

I was there in Novemeber at Hotel Lucerna. We walked all over and always felt safe. We had no problems at all. My daughter is considering the sleeve and I would feel completely safe with her going there. If she does get it, she will use Dr. Kelly like I did. We loved him.

I just got back from Tijuana Saturday. I didn't witness any type of violence or border violence. I felt very safe while I was there the whole time. Once at the hotel' date=' my friend and I walked around and went to Starbucks and a pharmacy. It was just like any other Starbucks I've been to. Which surgeon are you using?[/quote']

I am so impressed that you walked over to Starbucks!lol. My sister and I were sleeved together and we both really wanted a chai tea! We stood on the balcony watching the traffic circle for a long time before we gave up. It looked like a losing game of frogger!

I am so impressed that you walked over to Starbucks!lol. My sister and I were sleeved together and we both really wanted a chai tea! We stood on the balcony watching the traffic circle for a long time before we gave up. It looked like a losing game of frogger!

Lol yes this was a decision that took a lot of thought. I was like look there are stop signs. Look there's a crosswalk. It actually wasn't that bad. Once the cars saw that you were trying to cross they stopped. I had to shuffle across because I didn't want to hold up traffic. I told my friend I survived surgery I can't die in Mexico crossing the street!