Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 7! Very Slow Loser

Well today marks week 7! Total loss since surgery is 14lbs. :( yes it's a loss but not one that anyone says they've noticed.

I've gotten a few comments that my face looks thinner but nobody has noticed and my clothes aren't lose just a little more comfy.

I'm not sad or anything cause it'll be a slow process for me because I know it's still a process in the right direction.

I really expected a lot more by now, with eating well and so little but I'm also not working out at the gym yet (just at home with walking dogs and treadmill and some wii fitness), so I hope that today now that my dr gave me the ok to workout, will start some real movement in my weight loss since I'm ready to really workout more!!!

I'm so happy for those I know that have lost a ton of weight, it's encouraging! And I hope at some point I can encourage someone too!

Good luck to all and stay positive and hopeful if you are also a slow loser.... It's just different for us all and eventually we and everyone else will notice the changes and before you know it we will be close to or at our goal weight!

Hang in there and keep in touch!

keep your chin up! I am also looking to be a "slow loser". I am 3 weeks out and I've only lost 4. At that rate I'll be at about 8 or 9 by the time I'm at 7 weeks. I wish I had words of wisdom or something to say to make it better but I don't. I'm a bit disappointed with my lack of loss so I now how you feel. Just know that you aren't the only "slow loser". Maybe this will be better for us this way--maybe our skin will have time to shrink with us losing slower. Maybe we won't lose our hair as much. there has to be some hidden blessing!

Hi guys!!! Not that I'm happy to hear about your slow loosing news, but I am happy to hear that what I'm going through its normal! I had my surgery on Feb-25th and Only have lost 15 pounds!!! I am eating super healthy, no sugar and walking. Hopefully when my dr gives me the ok to exercice, I'll be able to loose a little faster! We should start our own little "slow Loosers" Group. Its nice to hear that other sleevers are having similar result to mine.

Hey there guys. Are you all low BMI folks? I mean that could easily explain the slower weight loss. Usually those under a 40 BMI lose slower than others. Just curious :-) Keep your head up.

To sleeved--- I didn't know anything about the connection of bmi to weight loss? Mine was 35 at time of surgery. Idk if it's changed but you've given me something to look up now! Thanks

I am a slow loser too..... almost 2 months out and only lost about 16 lbs. Disappointed doesnt describe how I feel sometimes. I have to admit that I am not exercising as much as I should or could either. But, life goes on and a loss is still a loss, right? The 16 that I have lost will never be again is how I think of it! :)

I too have been told that they see it in my face (i would rather hear someone say, wow! your ass has gotten super thin! A girl can dream right!! ;)) and I can tell in my pants and shirts too. My work pants actually fit nicely and I am not having to stretch out the XL tshirts anymore to keep them from clinging to my belly area.

I will take the slow over nothing.. and with that, I am going walk the puppies for 30 minutes!

Keep your head up and Keep Rockin' your Sleeve!!!

Amy

@momof4 - we are a couple of days apart.. my sleeve was on 2/11/12. :)

We will make it! As always, my body has to be the different one! ;)

I'm about 7.5 wks out. I've lost 16 since surgery. I'm a slow loser too. I DO realize I started out at a lower BMI. Momof4- yes you must check it out.

I realized today though, that in 4 more lbs, I will have lost 30 lbs since pre-op diet and that seems like a lot to me. 6 more lbs and I won't be obese anymore. 7 more lbs and I'll be half way to goal!!!!

It's slow but we're getting there! There should be a slow losers section. We can help motivate each other.

I hope I too am not too disappointed at weightloss results. I am 35.5 BMI and I am getting sleeved April 10th. I realize a loss is a loss, but because this forces us to drink our meals for weeks on end before mashed food, before solids...one would think you would lose more. I mean, if I now ate the way I am going to have to in the beginning after surgery than I most likely would lose at least two pounds a week for several weeks without the surgery. It's been several years but I did do something similar and lost twenty pounds in one month. I am older and I am sure my hormones and metabolism are different now...but I might be in a poor state if I too lose at a slow rate. HOWEVER, WITH THAT SAID (NOW BACK TO YOU...WELL SORTA). I HAVE HEARD THAT SOME PEOPLE JUST START OUT SLOWER AND THEN GAIN MOMENTUM IN WEIGHT LOSS. Also, there are going to be the every now and then stalls. ALSO, ANOTHER THING ABOUT BEING SLOWER IT SEEMS IT WOULD BE HEALTHIER IN THE LONG RUN RATHER THAN SOME DRASTIC WEIGHT LOSS. I have talked with my doctor and pretty much decided I wanted a 40f sleeve vs the standard 34f, because some things I have read it sounds a little healthier in the long run (lose slower, but often less need for acid reflux medicine)...but who knows there is so much info out there!

I think us slow losers are actually the norm rather than the exception. I was getting very discouraged at first also and especially during that three week stall. But what I have started realizing is the .2's have added up over these past several weeks and all of a sudden I am down 40.5 lbs. How funny that yall say people notice it in your face more so than saying they see it in other places because I have had the same thing. But considering I can't hide my chins with turtlenecks year round in Texas, I have decided I am very happy with that compliment. What I am amazed at is the amount of inches I have lost and fitting into clothes I hadn't fit into in years!

I'm glad to see there are slow losers out there. I haven't been sleeved long, but I know my loss will be slow. I see people moving big numbers here and I don't want to get discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How funny, people tell me they can see it in my face too!!! LOL

dont worry ladies, there are several beni's to losing slowly. skin has a chance to shrink, your hair doesnt fall out, and it isnt as much of a shock to your system. you will get there, just be patient. good luck!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one! I was sleeved 2/06 and I'm 2 lbs away from an even 25 lb. loss on 4/06. I was hoping to be below 200 on my 2 month anniversary...but don't think that'll happen.

I think it's my age (66); low BMI to start with; and no exercise. I'm planning to start some form of exercise soon. Can you tell that's a problem for me. :wacko: