Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At 18 months out and 125 pounds lost, one would think I would know the answer to this but apparently I have forgotten. Can anyone help me? Right now it seems as though nothing I eat gives me total satisfaction or keeps me full for very long. I may eat something that has me feeling uncomfortably full after only 2 ounces worth, but it doesn't last, and an hour later I'm capable of eating more.

Now, I know that some of it is head hunger and that is a different battle/aspect of the process, but can anyone tell me/remind me of certain foods that may provide me with a long lasting feeling of fullness and satisfaction? I'm already making sure to not eat and drink at the same time and I also wait to drink for 30 minutes after eating. I eat 5 times a day, (3 meals and 2 snacks), one every 3 hours, from 7-7.

I'm only 6 months out from surgery but the more dense Protein like salmon, chicken, turkey, pork, beef keeps me more full than things like soft fish, tuna fish and egg salad.< /p>

i agree with you globetrotter i feel the same way nothing holds me for very long

I'm 11 months out and here is what I have found works for me. B-1/2 cup of Greek yogurt at 6:30am and 16 oz. skim milk before that. L- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Protein like steak or chicken. D-1/2 to 3/4 cup mixed veggies and protein. I also drink propel zero Water throughout the day. If I am feeling like a snack it is 1/4 cup of nuts usually almonds or pistachios.

Thanks Yorkie. I was sleeved nearly 2 years ago so I definitely know how to eat and eat right, all the tricks up our sleeves. My frustration is that I'm not feeling them anymore, or at least I wasn't when I started this thread. It's funny you mention milk so much, I recently discovered that if I make my Protein Shakes with almond milk, really well blended and ice cold, and if I drink them swiftly and steadily, that I feel super stuffed and for a long time. Something about milk I guess? Interesting. =)

I have the same issue. Anywhere from an hour to two hours after I eat I get this awful gnawing feeling in my stomach. It's clearly hunger pain. I've tried to eat more dense Protein but I can only get about 2oz in at a time and then I got through the same cycle. It's quite frustrating.

FYI, I'm almost six weeks out and I'm taking 20mg of Prilosec a day

Well I don't get hunger pains, it's just that I don't feel full. In the first year I never experienced hunger but I definitely felt full/satisfation/stuffed. Now I still don't feel hunger but neither do I feel satisfaction unless I eat solid pure Protein, milk, and nothing else.