Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Vs Roux N Y...the Race Is On!

My wife got the Roux N Y surgery about a month before I got sleeved. We are in a race to our goal. She is at 160, I am at 260, so she spots me a 100 pound handicap for being a 6'2" man. We seem to be dropping at about the same rate, her advantage is the malabsorbtion provided by the Roux N Y, my advantage is my man muscles and higher testosterone.

The finish line is the 20's; 120 for her, 220 for me. She does more aerobics, I do push-ups, knee bends, and work out on a Bow-flex type machine.

Who would you bet on? B)

We haven't decided what the winning prize will be yet we just know it won't be food related. :rolleyes::D

I think you'll win...because men lose much faster than women. All that core muscle you have will stand you in good stead as well. Remember, I've seen your pics from your body-building days. Unless your wife was a bodybuilder as well, you've got the advantage. I'm rooting for her, though, since I always vote for the girls! ;)

Ya BOTH win!!! And the grand prize is Health!!! YAY!!!! I bet it is very nice going through this as a team!! Good luck to you both!!

This is very interesting! I'm going to have to say if I were to just guess, I'd say you'd probably win. I don't know what it is, but men are excellent at weight loss. I think you all deal a whole lot less with Water fluctuations and the monthly drama that inflict us women.

Regardless both of you are now losers!! ;)

Love this! Can u give it wife a handicap bc of female fluctuations? I have to bet on good health and a fantastic relationship with u and ur wife! Enjoy and rock that sleeve! ;)

Well if you ask me, I think you are both a couple of winning "losers"!!!! You are both going to kick some serious butt... I have my pom poms out! woo hoo!!! Go, go, go!!! What I am most intrigued by is what the grand prize will be!!!!! A hot weekend gettaway?! His & hers massages at a spa?! A new clothes shopping trip?! Inquiring minds want to know! :-) Good luck!!!!!!

I just can't decide! I am going to say you will because men lose faster and they hate to get beat by their wives at anything lol. I am rooting for both of you though!

Well if you ask me, I think you are both a couple of winning "losers"!!!! You are both going to kick some serious butt... I have my pom poms out! woo hoo!!! Go, go, go!!! What I am most intrigued by is what the grand prize will be!!!!! A hot weekend gettaway?! His & hers massages at a spa?! A new clothes shopping trip?! Inquiring minds want to know! :-) Good luck!!!!!!

I like this :)...BUT SO NOT FAIR! Men lose way quicker than women :(...congrats on getting your sleeve though :)

The final results: wife won BUT....she changed her goal weight to 127! :angry: She claims I just misunderstood, like that can happen!

I am within 1 pound of MY ORIGINAL GOAL. :angry:

Anyway, she looks like a dream, a very good dream :wub:

I am feeling fit,

The world is good! B)

Lol!! What a fun way to lose weight w each other. So...what's the grand prize?

We haven't decided what her prize is but she wants to take me on a cruise. Never ending food choices for tiny eaters, we won't waste much time with gorging.

Just being with her is a treat. Check her out in her Ed Hardy t-shirt.

post-20464-13813662202209_thumb.jpg

Jan 13, 2013 at Busch Gardens in Florida

Congrats to you both!!!

You both look great! Congrats to you both but an extra congrats to your wife for whoopin your butt! ;)

Wow congrats to you both. You both look awesome. Besides it seems as you are both winners to me.