Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am totally fine now! No pain at all. My pain was minimal, only from gas and only for the first two days. After that slightly sore stomach but it kind of just resembled working out your core a lot. Not like I had surgery.

I drive to campus now, I live about 30 min walk away or 15 min bike ride away. But decided to drive and walk around campus from there. Today I still walked about 15 mins from my car to my class and back. I just wasn't sure if I had enough energy to walk for an hour, twice today. I plan on jumping back on my bike in a few weeks though!

I am 6 days post op and work full time and am currently taking 11 credit hours. I was able to get a month off work. School is fine the only bad part is carrying my books around as I commute and they are somewhat heavy considering I should only carry 5 pounds.

If i do tell my teachers, I hope to God they don't think anything of it!

You might be surprised to find out your teachers have had the surgery too. I had mine just a couple of weeks before the fall semester started.

As a teacher, I don't want to hear details about my students medical issues. I don't excuse absences because I don't want to have to know or confirm things that are really not any of my business.

My policy is that you are responsible for what you miss, and I don't make up in-class work. However, if a student comes to me well before the date, I try hard to accommodate them. The key is planning in advance.

I was sleeved 12/5 and some how made it through my finals, had a two week break and right back into another full time semester on 1/4. That's on top of the 50 hours a week I work and travel time. It is hard, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry a lot. When I wasn't working or doing school work I was sleeping as for me it was more important than working out. Around the two month mark my nut had me start to eat fruit again and that changed everything for me with my energy levels. I made it through the semester and did it with a 3.541 gpa! Good luck to you!

I just finished my last week of school and I'm getting sleeved on 5/11. my mom and I were just

saying yesterday how I have perfect timing for the sleeve because I have this week to get prepared for surgery with unpacking and organizing college stuff, going shopping for liquids, and other such things I need to do to prepare. then next week I'm on Clear Liquids Sunday through Thursday and I don't have plans for anything straineous. Then I'll go into surgery Friday! I'll have another 2 weeks off before I start work for the summer which my boss is very understanding and is going to let me do a lot of office work for a while. I'm very pleased with how timing ended up working out but I have been on this journey since September. I am very glad that I don't have to go back to school until the last couple days of August so I literally will be 3 and a half months post op before I have to start classes again. Although I haven't had surgery yet, I highly suggest finding a time during the school year you can take some time off, let your body rest, and follow your drs instructions to the T.

On 4/2/2012 at 8:53 AM, D1NOnlySexyLady said:

I will be starting school next semester full time aswell as a full time job, and finding time is one of the things that worries me most
I also studied full-time. In general, I did not want to go to college, but it was important for my parents that I did it. My last straw was the assignment to write about an analysis dream speech, I found information on this website and submitted my work. After that, I stopped attending college and enrolled in courses. It was much more interesting for me there, since I dreamed of becoming a programmer.

You are not the only one, it was hard for me too.

Edited by tomhanks22