Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just wondering how any full-time college students like myself got thru the surgery & all of it's problems and demands .

I didn't think it was too bad. If anything, we have more flexible schedules than a lot of people with full-time jobs, so while the total hours may be over 40/week, it's nice to have frequent breaks to hit the gym, have a snack, or cook.

I'm a full time student too.. anxious to see how this works with dorm life

I will be starting school next semester full time aswell as a full time job, and finding time is one of the things that worries me most

Lol, my one smidgen of advice? Don't do it the week after classes start. It threw off my entire rhythm. I had to go part-time for the term, and I normally take at LEAST 15 credit hours along with a part-time job.

Common sense, right? Wish I would have used it. You ladies can totally do this!

I will definitely recommend a summer or winter break though. Take the time and recover before throwing yourself into life post-op and a full-time course load. Save your sanity.

I live in the dorm…. Had to fight to get off the meal plan at the school….

I haven’t really gone to the gym at all…. No time with school and work…. But I do make it a point to go out and walk….. weight loss has been good….school ends in a month and when it ends I’ll be hitting the bikes in the gym.. looking forward to seeing the difference in the weight loss

Had it done over christmas break... has not been a problem this semester at all

I'm a full time student, I only have two semesters left. my first appoinment is April 24 so my journey hasn't began yet. I'm getting the surgery but I have to remain in school and work. How long after the surgery do u suppose to attend school/work?

I got mine done over the break. but I could have went back to school after 2 weeks... no problems... . for me... anything before 2 weeks would have been too much for me to handle. I was in a little pain.....

I find the struggle with being in school is the food...... I remember at the end of last semester I was on the pre surg diet... well exam time was in full swing and ive never seen or smelled so much fast food in the dorm.. people up all night in the books.... being on the liquid diet at exam time really sucked.... took the energy right out of me......... but it was well worth it

Your gonna love it.....

You did just fine and I know I can too...thanks I needed that

I got my surgery 3 weeks after my quarter started, I take 18 units and work 32 hours but had 4 weeks off. I let all my teachers know and I missed a week of school. Walked slowly to class and my teachers saw me and pushed my midterms for another week so I was thankful for that. I passed my classes 4 A's and 2 C's but I think my 3 of my teachers felt bad. My exercise was walking all the time and taking a self defense course. Now this quarter I'm taking boot camp, another self defense course and I can go to my school gym for free. Pretty happy with my sleeve!

thank you for all of the helpful responses everyone!

shells, I'm planning on telling my teachers as well. But I have been contemplating about telling them about the vsg part. i kind of wanted to just say "i'm going to be having surgery." So far, only 2 people know about my vsg mainly because I'm kind of afraid of anyone judging me. If i do tell my teachers, I hope to God they don't think anything of it!

I just got my surgery done about a week and a half ago, during the end of finals week. I had all spring break to rest and and back at work and school today. I work 25 hours a week and am taking 21 units this quarter. I have told my Profs and let them know everything. They have been very nice about it but very realistic. We don't coddle at UCSB and I was told if I miss class that it is my problem, if I miss an exam it will not be made up. I understand that. I chose to do this now, I could have waited until Summer.

It is totally possible to manage. Just grab a shake if you don't have time to stop and make a full meal for lunch and remember to drink plenty of water!

I had my surgery during my week long spring break, I took 2 weeks off work though. I dont regret having it but it did definitely affect my ability to concentrate in school. I can tell my work ethic went way down, in the beginning I was just way tired all the time now its getting a little better to where I have more energy to walk around campus and up and down the stairs comfortably. Good luck!

Post oppers how was it waking? How was your pain

I only had pain the first week (it hurt getting up and down mainly) after that it was mainly just lack of energy.