Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to those whose VGS is in the next few days....I'm going in at 0800am Thursday!! I am nervous, I am scared, I am excited, I am afraid of failure and of complications...I am a nurse, so maybe that's why I feel like this!! And lets just say, it's stinking hard staying on this pre-op diet....and yes I have cheated :~( Well, prayers sent, keep us posted!!

KristiRN,

Houston, Texas

Tomorrow is Part One. I get my filter inserted! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am

My prayers are with those getting sleeved this week! :D

Good luck and God bless those of you going in tomorrow! Just remember, you will be just fine when the propofol hits you!!!! (just a little humor)!

I will totally have you on my mind sweetie! Post when you can! What time is your surgery so I can be sure to stop and send good thoughts your way?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Its at 1230pm...have to be at the hospital at 1030am...thanks Tibbie!!

Good luck and God bless those of you going in tomorrow! Just remember' date=' you will be just fine when the propofol hits you!!!! (just a little humor)![/quote']

Wait, what??? Propofol!!! Noooooooo!!! LMAO!!

Mmmmm! Sweet dreams! LOL

Goodluck to everyone for the next few weeks that has surgery. And everyone that had the surgery hope you have quick recovery

Day 14 of Pre-op diet. I'm feeling really tired, even after sleeping over 9 hours a night. Surgery is on May 25th. I'm getting really nervous! Thank you, those of you that are posting follow ups after your surgery. It's good to hear other's stories. Good luck to everyone.

Tomorrow for me!! I have been cleared (it was close because I had terrible allergies/cold this past week) & go in at 5am (for a surgery time unknown)! So excited/scared. Good luck to everyone!!

to all of you having trouble with shakes etc.... pre....... and maybe post op....torani has sooo many flavors of sugar free Syrup so you can make just about anything you want.... i will put the like to their web site recipes... i picked up 14 different flavors for 1/2 price of website at a local grocery outlet called smart & final...$4 a 750 ml bottle....looking forward to mixing peppermint with white macadamia nut chocolate in the morning!!!!! .. you will have to sift thru them to see which we can use....also will put on a few recipes that i found elssewhere...then there's a lady that has a website that has recipes for us since shes a few years out and has accumulated them in one spot...

http://www.torani.com/home/recipes/

www.bariatricfoodie.com.

Chocolate Bliss

Morning Mocha Smoothie

Ingredients:

• 8-oz skim milk

• 2 scoops Chike Chocolate Bliss

• 1 Tbsp hot water

• 2 tsp instant coffee

• 3 cubes ice

Directions: Dissolve instant coffee in hot Water. Combine all ingredients including dissolved instant coffee in a blender & blend until smooth

Chike Mocha Coffee

Ingredients:

• 1 cup of your favorite brewed coffee or 1 cup of instant coffee

• 2 scoops Chocolate Bliss Chike

Directions: Make your coffee as you normally would. Important Tip: Be sure the temperature of the coffee is not hotter than 130º. Add two scoops of Chocolate Bliss Chike & mix well.

Add skim milk, light soy milk or other coffee creamer as desired. Add preferred sweetener such as sugar, raw sugar or artificial sweetener as needed.

Hint: Be your own barista and add your favorite sugar-free syrup for an additional boost or layer of flavor. Sugar free syrups flavors like caramel, chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut and butterscotch work best with this recipe.

Guilt Free Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

• 1 packet Sugar Free hot chocolate Mix

• 8-oz hot water

Directions: Heat up water to 130º and mix in other ingredients until blended.

Hint: You can add artificial sweeteners or sugar-free syrup to sweeten up your guilt-free hot chocolate

Black and White Cookie Shake

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Very Vanilla Chike

• 1 scoop Chocolate Bliss Chike

• ½ cup low fat or nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

• ½ cup skim milk or light soy milk

• 1 Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate syrup

•Ice

Directions: Place ingredients in blender & blend until smooth.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

• 1 packet Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix

• 1 Tbsp sugar free peppermint syrup

• 8-oz hot water

Directions: Heat up water to 130º & mix in other ingredients until blended.

Thin Mint Madness Smoothie

Ingredients:

• 1 Thin Mint Cookie or 1 Tbsp sugar-free peppermint syrup

• 8-oz skim milk, light soy milk or cold water

Chike Brownies

Ingredients:

• 1 box *Duncan Hines chewy fudge brownies (or your favorite brand of boxed brownie mix)

• 2 eggs

• ¼ cup water

• ½ cup vegetable oil

• 2 scoops of Chocolate Bliss Chike

Directions: Preheat oven to 350º. Follow mixing directions on brownie mix box. Add in the 2 scoops of Chocolate Bliss Chike and mix with other ingredients until blended. Pour mixture in to 13 x 9-inches pan and bake for 28 minutes or until done.

Hint: Brownies are done when toothpick is inserted 1-inch from the edge and it comes out clean

Chike Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:

• 6-oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels

• 3 Tbsp real butter cut into pieces

• 2 tsp instant coffee

• 1 Tbsp hot water

• 2 tsp vanilla extract

• 1 scoop Chocolate Bliss Chike

• ½ cup lite cool whip

Directions: Microwave chocolate morsels and butter in a microwave-safe medium bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave at additional 10 – 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water then stir into chocolate. Stir in vanilla extract. Mix in Chocolate Bliss Chike until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Once mousse has cooled to room temperature, fold in cool whip. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.

Optional: Top with fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries

Chocolate Peanut Butter &

Banana Shake

Ingredients:

• 8-oz skim milk or light soy milk

• 1 Tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter or 1 Tbsp Sugar Free Peanut Butter

• ½ banana

• Ice

Hint: Add more skim milk or light soy milk as necessary to thin out the shake to your desired consistency. Add less liquid if you prefer a thicker shake.

Preparation Tip: Slice up ripe bananas, place in ziplock bag & freeze. Use frozen banana slices in place of or in addition to ice for a delicious, frozen shake.

Chocolate, Peanut Butter & oatmeal Shake

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Instant oatmeal

• 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter or sugar-free peanut butter

• ½ banana

• ½ - ¾ cup skim milk or light soy milk

• 1 tsp honey

• 1-2 drops vanilla extract

• ice

Hint: Add more skim milk or light soy milk as necessary to thin out the shake to your desired consistency. Add less liquid if you prefer a thicker shake.

Preparation Tip: Slice up ripe bananas, place in ziplock bag & freeze. Use frozen banana slices in place of or in addition to ice for a delicious, frozen shake.

good luck every one!!! i get picked up at 9 am the 26th and have no idea when the surgery is that day.....thats when i will be freaking out ........i cant suvive with out fluids!!!!!! ..no Water or anything from midnight on...well close to it anyway knowing there will be time before it happens..some tests and all....

Seven days to go for me....Is May 22nd ever going to get here?? I have been on the pre op diet since the fifth and all I want is a simple dish of Puerto Rican rice and Beans and chicken...... Or maybe a Philadelphia cheesesteak....or maybe, oh forget it, let me go eat some sugarfree jello.......:)

Good luck to all of those with upcoming surgeries!

I am home from Mexico & in my home now. Nice to be with family now, but miss my Dr & his team, they were awesome!

Just got home too. I had somewhat of a meltdown. I got really emotional when I got hone and weighed myself. I was up 5 lbs and just felt post-partum like. It was really strange. Thank God for my amazing and supportive boyfriend. He talked me through it. Also, thankful to this board for the advice.