Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Keep Yogurt Down...feeling Weak And Sad.

Hi Everyone,

I posted all the complications I experienced after surgery.

I'm not a a greek yogurt or regular yogurt fan. I've been struggling with my Fluid and Protein intake. Today I took a small amount if Fage plain yogurt and mixed some SF strawberry preserves together. I managed to get about 2.5 tablespoons down after 20-30 minutes. I felt pretty proud to finally get some yogurt down.

About 45 minutes later it come back up several times. I'm not sure what else to do. I tried Isopure Alpine Punch yesterday. It's okay but leaves my mouth feeling dry.

My doc has me taking Xanax (small dose) three times a day to help relax my digestive system.

I'm starting to feel so down about this stuff. I guess I need to look up more protein recipes. I think I'm experiencing lactose intolerance too. I just bought milk I just don't want that either. I think try making protein Jello. Any good recipes or suggestions for unflavored protein?

Thanks for letting me whine...

Cottage cheese has 11-12 gms of Protein per 1/2 cup. I will eat this if I am low on protein. (but I have always liked it..) Maybe worth a shot? Greek yogurt with a packet of sweetener and some cinnamon is good too!!

First of all, at only 10 days out, you're still very swollen inside. Ease up on yourself. :) Try drinking your Water with a spoon and letting it trickle down your throat. Then try changing the temp of what you're eating. If cold stuff is bothering you the worst, switch to warm drinks. I drank a lot of broth early post op.

I would also suggest finding some non-dairy sources for both liquids and Protein. I became lactose intolerant after surgery, and it's really not pleasant. It can definitely make you feel like you just don't want to bother eating. Ask your doctor for some suggestions...maybe really liquified refried Beans would work for you?

I'm not a fan of Isopuke anything. To me, it tasted like drinking sand..grainy and bitter. I also developed an intolerance for sweets that lasted until my 4th month out. I wish I could have kept that one! :)

Good luck! Your swelling will go down soon and make it easier for you to drink and move on to the next stage. :)

agree with Lissa 100%. I struggled so much with keeping anything down for my first few weeks. You will hear over and over again to stay hydrated. LISTEN. This will help you heal faster. Walking and moving around. Dont get discouraged. Eventually it will get better. I was feeling like no one understood and the people here supported me and guided me. They know what they are saying. The most important thing I was told was even if I couldnt take in my Protein, was to drink my Water and take my Vitamins. I could only drink 20oz of water a day but that got better with time. Im six weeks out now and still struggle but it is getting better. Dont be hard on yourself. When I couldnt keep things down, I started over with Clear Liquids until I was able to try again. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I'm was starting to feel like a failure but your posts helped me realize that I'm not alone and doing the best I can right now. I'm going back to broths starting tomorrow. Really I appreciate your responses and kindness.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I'm was starting to feel like a failure but your posts helped me realize that I'm not alone and doing the best I can right now. I'm going back to broths starting tomorrow. Really I appreciate your responses and kindness.

Try the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein powder. It was the only Protein Powder i tolerated well the first eeek post-op

And You might tolerate the Greek yogurt better as a smoothie. Blend it with Water, a splash of orange juice, a frozen strawberry, and some Splenda.

Best wishes to you!!

Lynda