Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly & New Coordinator Omar

Omar called me today. He is trying to get in touch with everyone. I just thought I'd update in case anyone was still waiting to hear from their office. He will also be working tomorrow.

He spoke great English and we had NO problem communicating. He also sent me his cell number that I can text if I need to!

So relieved that this is getting straightened out!!

That is awesome! I am not officially scheduled yet but working out details and would love to talk to him. Would you mind asking him if you can give me his number?

I'm in TJ right now and Dr. Kelly said he had just hired a man who spoke excellent English as the patient contact. Glad it worked out for you.

Mrsteacher how are you doing????

Doing well. I've given a more detailed account of my trip on my blog. I got sleeved on Wednesday and I am now in the Lucerna hotel for the next few days. Not experiencing any pain but I was experiencing lots of stomach gurgling yesterday but it could be because I had a leak test, I tried eating a popsicle, chicken broth, and apple juice and my stomach was trying to figure out what was going on! I'm going to stick to Water and Gatorade today to see if that helps. I'm not hungry so that is good. Now to just get all my liquid in. I wasn't too worried yesterday since I was on an IV most of the day.

Your blog is great! Thank you for the great information!

How do I pull up your blog? Glad to hear you are doing good. Congratulations the first steps to becoming a healthy new you!! I can't wait to join you!

I think you just click on my name and you get the option to view my blog. Let me know if that works.

I wanted to let those who haven't heard yet - Dr. Kelly does have the new coordinator, Omar. I spoke with him at length today and he was SO nice!!! Trying to get caught up after the email fiasco and get things organized for Dr. K. Very knowledgable and helpful! I texted him several times, and we are emailing and we talked on the phone. So don't give up on Dr. Kelly!

I am sure we will all be very happy with our decisions!!!

Oh and Dr. Kelly has a brand new Facebook page that Omar will eventually develop as well - but the more of us who support them and post on their page the better!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/drramoskelly

Omar called me today. He is trying to get in touch with everyone. I just thought I'd update in case anyone was still waiting to hear from their office. He will also be working tomorrow.

He spoke great English and we had NO problem communicating. He also sent me his cell number that I can text if I need to!

So relieved that this is getting straightened out!!

Interesting....Omar was Trish's assistant a couple of weeks ago. I guess if Dr Kelly couldn't have Trish, he hired her assistant out from under her. Not cool.

I spoke to Omar about the situation and he decided not to work with Trish any longer Dr K had nothing to do with him switching. But why start drama again. i just hope everything gets back on track with Dr K. We can all agree he is excellente.

Sorry but I spoke to Trish yesterday and I am just upset on her behalf. Trish has a way of worming herself into your heart,lol. I was happy with the care I received with Dr Kelly and I had a friend who went with Dr Ponce and was very happy also. Now that I am on the other side I can say I spent way too much time obsessing over it:)

You are correct DDFin, in Spanish they say "por la plata baila el mono" for money the monkey dances. He was at least well trained by her, I agree not cool.

Everyone, I know you all have your own loyalties to whomever, but it really doesn't help any of the rest of us to bash anybody involved. There are two sides to EVERY story, no matter what. Omar had his very own story to tell me today. I won't share it here because it doesn't matter. I really only care that I get good care and a good surgeon. The coordinator isn't cutting my stomach out, no matter how nice she is. Please help us all focus on that publicly, and take negativity to private comments where possible. I know I personally would appreciate that because all it does it make me more anxious and nervous about this decision.

You are correct Debly there are always two sides. I know Dr. Kelly is a good surgeon because even Trish says so, there are just things that make the drama continue and is only making matters worse. In any case don't worry about the other staff and continue to be excited about your decision, this is a very personal journey for everyone and is why we should all decide on our own. Do you have a date yet? Good luck!