Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress = Not Being Able To Eat

I need to vent for a moment. I hope you don't mind. My coworkers and husband all seem to be high-freakin-maintenance right now, and are stressing me out.....which in turns makes it really difficult for me to get any food down at all. My husband is just tense for some reason so it makes me tense and my coworkers....well.....I'm leading four different projects right now (oh and btw I am about 20 years younger than everyone else on my team, but my boss put me as the lead designer on these projects.) One project is going seamlessly because that coworker is a great collaborator and we've realyl become partners in this project rather than me leading. Another...I doing on my own, but getting constant feedback as to what needs to be fixed and mind you there is a crotchey old women who thinks she is the website designer god, who, however, is just not willing to stay current with new trends, nor will share her knowledge with me at all, yet keeps trying to undermine me. Its nothing that enrages me, more befuddles me. But when all stacked on top, including the pressure that I put on myself to create quality products, it makes its self aware now by me not being able to eat. My stomach just clenches and won't allow food down (well at least not without a good amount of pain.)

I'm not so sure there is a resolution, but I thought maybe if I got it out it would help.....

I feel your pain. My doc prescribed Xanax 3x a times to "relax" my digestive system so I could get some relief from the tightness I am feeling for various reasons. May help you too. Hope it gets better for you.

Time to sit back and remind yourself that you have no control over these other women. Don't take it personal when someone on your team is threaten by you. It's her insecurity, but remind her that you are responsible for the project and need to be informed about what's going on. Take charge and don't worry about her age, she will just have to deal with it and perhaps even learn. Please make sure you leave it at work and have a wonderful evening with your family. It's just work, and family is where are heart is. You can do this.

Oh BTW try doing some relaxation to help your stomach relax. It really works. ;)

Joiebean, I'm like that too! Stress has always affected my stomach and my bowels! Now it seems even more accute. When I stress out, I just can't eat! and whatever I eat... well, you know! Stress management seems to be one of the more challenging aspects of our physical and mental health - just overall, sleeve or no sleeve! Good luck with things kiddo! Your job sounds really cool, by the way! I have NO talent in that department and always admire people who do!