Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is the Water extremely important? If so why? Can it get you out of a stall? I am not losing weight is that my problem? I drink about 24 oz on a good day. I am not a drinker anymore..... Need help

I've been stalled since my 2nd week (currently 5th) and I too have a hard time with the water! i can't even hit the 1 Lt mark!

It's hard to get the Water in sometimes try adding lemon, lime, or a combination of both it helps to make the water more tolerable.

It might not always break you out of a stall (I think the kind of food you eat would do that more) but it's always good to try and get in as much Water as you can. It helps keep your system clean and can help you lose weight more than you would if you drank less. It also helps your skin elasticity. It's hard to get all the water in the beginning, but it gets easier as your stomach heals and you can tolerate more.

Water is supposed to help flush out the fat. at least that is what I was told. its also important to hydrate for your skin. good luck!

Water is definitely very important! Your body needs it to function properly. I believe it is also important to us because your body needs Water to flush the fat out of your body. As for stalls, water really helped me. I know it doesn't work for everyone but I was in a three-week stall and the only thing I changed was the amount of water I was drinking and I dropped four pounds.

I had a hard time getting water down (well, its really liquids, so anything Decaf and low cals/carbs should work). At first I had to literally carry around the bottle with me and sip all day. I just hit my six month mark and I can now drink a bit more at a time... but if I'm home I still keep my bottle close to me, just makes it easier.

Good luck!

I really need to drink more water! It does help with flushing out the bad stuff and replenish the good stuff. ;)

Well the answer is YES and NO. YES it is important to drink enough Water as it replenishes what we lose through urination, sweat and solid waste. It also helps keep the kidneys flushed so that kidney stones have less of a chance to form. We are largely made up of Water and during weight loss have a tendency to lose it rapidly so it is important to keep drink enough.

HOW MUCH is the mater of debate. The old 6 glasses of water a day sage is basically just a myth that has been perpetuated for decades by simple repetition. You need to drink enough water where you are hydrated so that you can urinate regularly, that is several times a day and your urine is either clear or just slightly tinged yellow. If it's dark yellow or (YIKES!) BROWN or CAN'T urinate at all then you are getting seriously dehydrated and need more water NOW.

So drink what you NEED based on above and perhaps a little more for good measure and don't sweat (pun intended) the rest :)