Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Clear Liquids Unbearable!

I might be going crazy but I am on 3 weeks of clear liquid diet. I am 16 days post op today and 5 more until mushies. I'm seriously going crazy - would a little egg drop Soup hurt? Something? I know I should be listening to my surgeon but most people at my stage are atleast on full liquids!!!!! Help!!!!

I went to full liquids on my second week, my body was ASKING for it!!! Try 1 or 2 sips of something fuller and if you feel fine then I would go for it!!! At my 3rd week I was already drinking yogurth and my Protein with soy milk.

Well, if you can't handle it, your body won't hesitate in letting you know. I tried to cheat twice and threw up both times. Wasn't a fun experience at all. Now I'm patiently waiting for my mushy days to come.

I am so sorry you have to suffer with Clear Liquids...I admire you for not having cheated before.I am on mushies from today and it makes a huge difference.Phone your dr and tell them they are killing you.Ask...he can only say yes or no.

O,you have lost 5 pounds more than me since surgery...a little reward for your liquids I think.

Good luck.

i went away from straight liquids 9 days after surgery. Straight to mushy foods. This Friday i'll be moving to next phase of foods hopefully. Good Luck

I got my surgery in Tuesday and they had me eat puréed food before I left the hospital today. They also had me check out early. Apparently I was a rare case and appear to be healing very quickly and well too. Except It's really hard for me to drink more then 12 oz a day.

I dont know why you have to be on full liquids for 3 weeks - thats excessive. I was able to eat soft foods like oatmeal, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes and fish 3 days after surgery. This is my surgeons protocol for all his VG patients. I would start eating soft foods now.

I was Clear Liquids the entire 21 days! Except of course the Protein Shakes that started back at the beginning of week 2. You can do it, just add more SF Jello and Hot Drinks. It is almost over. I know others had different plans then my surgeon had but I trusted him to cut into me and remove part of my stomach so I decided to trust his program too. I have healed nicely and so far have not rejected any foods I have tried. Doesn't mean I won't or that you will or won't. Just trying to encourage you to stay the course :D

Thanks everyone. I haven't cheated and I deff don't want to. This whole thing is such a mind game. My dietician who works directly with my surgeon told me days 1-3 clear liquid and then full liquids until 3 weeks. I thought that was doable. It wasn't until AFTER surgery that my surgeon told me she was wrong and that I was on clears only. I feel like I mentally prepared myself and then my game plan was shot. I've been fine most of the way but today I am hungry and brotha taste disgusting to me. I have Jello, Popsicles and Water. That gets a little old! Any other ideas???

How about half Water half juice? ?? I had some 1/2 and 1/2 naked juice! Double check to make sure you can't do full liquids yet!

Oh believe me I have checked! Clear liquids for 3 weeks directly to mushies for one week and then normal food the next. I somehow think that's going to be quite the shock to my system.

I agree with you! For me it was more like my body was asking me what it was ready for! One day I really really wanted yogurth and I was one day away from yogurt time, so I tried it and it was fine! Same with chicken, I just felt like I had to eat chicken and I did and I was fine, again the day before i was supposed to start my soft foods. What if you think drinkable yogurt???

I had to do 3 weeks of clear liquids, too! I was so jealous as I read about people eating yogurt, eggs, mashed potatoes, etc at a week or 2 out. Towards the end I moved away from broth and strained clear Soups. That stock tasted much richer to me and helped me make it. But it was SO HARD!! I didn't cheat at all; I was afraid to! You'll get through it! It made me hate Protein Shakes for a few weeks afterwards. I am back to drinking them now.

Try the broth of wonton Soup, it's delicious and satisfying,,and a clear liquid but doesn't taste like fake chicken broth. Let a family member eat the wontons.