Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Kaiser Patients

Post op was just that, a follow up appointment wherein the surgeon checked over my chart, looked at how the incisions healed, recorded and discussed with me my weight loss to date. They took pre appointment blood work to make sure I was nutritionally sound....it was a breeze.

I'm still pre-op, and Kaiser lost my mental health eval...b.so I'm waiting for a call back from to see what I have to do. Did anyone else struggle with getting info from Kaiser to their surgeon?

Anyone going through the Kaiser Richmond program right now how long is it taking now from sign up to surgery.

Steve

Anyone going through the Kaiser Richmond program right now how long is it taking now from sign up to surgery.

Steve

If you don't get an answer here, try joining the Yahoo Group for Kaiser Nor Cal Bariatric and ask there:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients/

I don't have an answer for you. I went through Kaiser Fremont two years ago. After I got to surgery goal weight (loss of 10%), it took 6 weeks till surgery date.

Lynda

I am pre-op with Kaiser in Cleveland Ohio, just starting the program and have my orientation in to the program early in July. I can't wait for the next 6-7 months to pass by quickly so that I can get my surgery! What should I expect?

I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Fisher in Richmond on July 3rd. I'm very nervous.

Hi Sindylu,

I'll be thinking of you on the the 3rd. I was sleeved at Kaiser Fremont in May 2011. Use that nervous energy to get ready. Clean the house, stock up on staples, pay your bills, and buy yourself some post-op treats.

Lynda

I need someone who knows about kaiser southbay harbor city.. Pcp sent referral last week.. Wondering what happens next. Pcp didn't say anything about options classes because nothing has been working in the past.. Once the referral is sent do I still need options or not?? Confused

I need someone who knows about kaiser southbay harbor city.. Pcp sent referral last week.. Wondering what happens next. Pcp didn't say anything about options classes because nothing has been working in the past.. Once the referral is sent do I still need options or not?? Confused

Yes..options is mandatory. It takes a few weeks for the bariatric dept to contact you. Then you'll start the 12 week program. Word of advice. ..at times it may seem the classes are just another hoop to jump thru. ..but the information presented is IMPERATIVE for long term success. The classes really taught me so much and even though I'm almost a year out I STILL refer to my binder of in from kaiser...the surgery changes the anatomy of your stomach...the classes change your mind...and that's where the true battle lies

I'm currently in Options and will "graduate" on January 3rd.

My question is, how long after graduating Options did you have surgery?

I'm currently in Options and will "graduate" on January 3rd. My question is' date=' how long after graduating Options did you have surgery?[/quote']

It depends...it's more appt after you finish options. You have to see the nutritionist, bariatrician and psych. Unfortunately you have no say on how soon you get those appts . But to give you a frame of reference...I finished my options in August and had my surgery in November

Sent from my iPad using VST