Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, so this is my 5th week post op and I only lost weight the first week and a half. I've been stalled since. I tried the upping my calories, lowering my calories, just liquids, just Protein and all the advice I got from both here and my kaiser Rn. Today, the clinic where I got my sleeve (in Mexico) called me to see how I was doing and I told him that I wasn't loosing weight. His advice was---"Do not drink anymore protein until 3 months post op and then just do it everyother day. Do not eat as if you were on a diet, just eat whatever you want and since you can only eat a little bit the weight will start dropping super fast". It just seems to be against everything I've heard so far, any advice???

Well My journey isnt as bad as yours but I uped my carbs the last 3 days and i actually lost 3 lbs. change up what your putting in you. I am 5 weeks and 5 days post op. i usually on put in 20f,20-40c,80-110p. But the last 3 days its been 60p, 30f, and up to 80 carbs. I just did an experiment just to see if it would make a difference. It may work for u and it may not. All you can do it change up your program.

Thank you! I didn't do my morning Protein Shake like I usually do, but I've noticed that I get hungry. I mean I have an oz of something and then I'm fine but with the Protein Shakes I don't really get hungry! I also walked an extra mile see if it that works!

Ok its been 2 weeks. In my little experiment by ramping carbs has worked to break through plateaus. Thanks to all the professional bodybuilding books I read that inspired me to try just that. Right now I weigh 267. When I posted the first reply I was at 282ish. LoL

The human body is the most complex organism because of its ability to rapidly adapt to changing situations. So when I read "The stubborn fat solution by Lyle Mcdonald" it kind of shed a new light on the science behind fat. Its worth the read.

I am including a pic of a fat loss protocol. It mentions caffeine but its just an option.

Btw I drink a EAS MYOPLEX 42g Protein drink every morning. I am never hungry but thats just me.

post-19267-13813658575984_thumb.jpg

I'm in the exact same boat as you. No loss. I'm so frustrated, I have actually cried.... lots. I'm trying to add more carbs and cut back on the Protein. I'm afraid that means I will lose my hair though. My surgeon just said to up my calories. I push and manage around 700, he said try 900. I'm not really able to do that without junk because I get so full on only a couple bites. Hopefully more carbs will help me. Ugh. Some ride eh?

Check out my weekly stats. The plateaus that I had was broken by raising carbs but I never went over 90g.

Notice how many calories I take in total. No junk food. I go out of my way to use quality Protein. Ahi tuna, salmon, crabmeat and hamburgers lol. I cant handle pork at all.

I am just showing yall what has worked for me thus far. I have been noticing alot losing slowly. Something they are eating is hindering the fatloss and most importantly the death of the fat cells themselves.

post-19267-13813658576558_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813658577065_thumb.jpg

post-19267-1381365857752_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813658577972_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813658578424_thumb.jpg

Check out my weekly stats. The plateaus that I had was broken by raising carbs but I never went over 90g.

Notice how many calories I take in total. No junk food. I go out of my way to use quality Protein. Ahi tuna' date=' salmon, crabmeat and hamburgers lol. I cant handle pork at all.

I am just showing yall what has worked for me thus far. I have been noticing alot losing slowly. Something they are eating is hindering the fatloss and most importantly the death of the fat cells themselves.[/quote']

What kinds of carbs did you eat more of?