Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frequently Asked Questions

Also, start cutting other sources of caffeine...chocolate, tea, cokes, etc. I've never had a caffeine headache after I cleaned it out of my system and it feels great.

Nice to see all the information in one place! Thanks!

I have only had my first doctors appointment and I learned so much from this! Thank you so much for posting:)

I'm scared, I haven't been able to do the diet very well I'm almost one well before surgery, I can't quit smoking either.

Be honest with your doc about this. You may need to decide if this is the right time in your life to do this. If you don't stick to the POST op diet it could kill you. This is very serious. Not sticking to the pre op diet and still smoking may disqualify you from surgery anyway. This is serious stuff. You MUST be willing to comply. It's time to change. Please speak to your doc or staff. I say this out of great concern.

Edited by Dooter

Thank you very much. Very informative and helpful. =)

This is excellent and I liked that you say "when in doubt, ask your surgeon". It's really important for everyone to understand that all people are different and you can't expect the same experience that someone else has.

(I posted this in a couple of other places before realizing this was the place to ask- sorry about that)

Question- I have to take thyroid medicine each morning with 8oz of Water, will I be able to do that after surgery- drink 8oz of Water with medine within 5-10 minutes?

I quit smoking in January, it does get easier I promise! Once you get the nicotine out of your system it's a matter of breaking the habbit, have patience and take it one hour at at time.

Thank you for the post. It was great!

Hi, like most of you I have tried so many diets and failed. My highest weight was 210 and I am now down to 197. I am going to have the gastric sleeve in July to remedy my sleep apnea, high blood pressure and joint pain. Does anyone here really regret what they did, or wish they had thought through it more before they had it? Did you ever get to use a straw again? Silly question but i use straws all the time. How about popcorn? Thanks.

Hey July 1st sleevers, I am starting Protein shakes tomorrow and am using a powder and milk. Can I puree fruit into it?