Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

I haven't been in a serious relationship in a couple of years. I am curious as to the affect surgery will have on my love life and friendships. I'm scheduled for July 29th

I've been going a little crazy and dating a lot! It's been very freeing to feel attractive again. But now I'm really noticing my loose skin and may slow down until after plastics when I imagine I will feel more confident about allowing someone else to see my body.

Single for many years still single and just got sleeves may 30 .. Lost close to 30 pounds

It's hard regardless of she you start back up. I don't care how good you feel or look, it's hard to put yourself back out there. I've had my heart broken a couple times already but it is what it is. Got to keep on smiling!!

I know I look and feel great, but those voices in all of our heads can and will get to us from time to time.

Edited by tallysfunny

Here's a pic. I am very happy about my changes but there's sooo many reminders of my fatness.

post-162578-0-21357400-1403703344_thumb.jpg

Well I am recently single now, its been a while since I have been single. The man who I was with we both had came to a mutual understanding that the relationship that we were in wasn't going anywhere. We lost the passion we had with each other, the major reason behind loosing that said passion is because we lived apart in different cities. He is still my best friend, and was with me when I made this life decision to have this surgery. I am not in any hurry to get into another relationship but I will say I do like the new upcoming attention that I have been getting, makes me feel pretty and wanted again. I am looking forward to going on dates again.

Yup single and mingling! I have never dated another bariatric patient before.

Edited by Missjaqui

I am44 single male sleeved may 31 . I my self not looking for anything but fun . I also not really looking tell I finish seeing a diff in my look . See I still see me as fat tell I get rid of the fluffy look or the frumpy look and have right skin and tone body not putts my much effort in to finding someone . Not saying if it showed up during the work in progress I won't turn it away .

I am44 single male sleeved may 31 . I my self not looking for anything but fun . I also not really looking tell I finish seeing a diff in my look . See I still see me as fat tell I get rid of the fluffy look or the frumpy look and have right skin and tone body not putts my much effort in to finding someone . Not saying if it showed up during the work in progress I won't turn it away .

post-218935-1415366877003_thumb.jpg post-218935-14153668990929_thumb.jpg post-218935-14153669283948_thumb.jpg

I was sleeved 4 years after my divorce from a 15 year marriage and didn't date at all in those 4 years. Jumped back in the pool after about 40 pounds was off, (1/2 way to goal) and have been at goal for about 5 months now. The last 9 months have been... interesting! For a while there, I'd have 4-5 dates per week, all first dates. I was determined I wasn't gonna miss A THING! I even found one who's had the sleeve a year before me which was kind of exciting, but there was no "spark" :-(. After a while, it gets disappointing and exhausting to keep doing that. In those 9 months, I'd only found one who I REALLY wanted to date and he turned out to be a player, (broke me a little for a while), but I was determined to get back out there! Recently found what I like to call "a little bit 'o normal"... Nice man, good career, kinda hot, age appropriate, rides a motorcycle, (non- bikers are deal breaker for me) and he makes me feel beautiful in spite of my "loose fit skin". Trying not to get too excited too soon, but life is good right now!

A year post-op in Columbus, Ohio here.

I am single

Just became single ..im 12 days post op....i have been with the same guy for 5 years, thick and thin. Once i decided to have the sleeve he started to push me away....i dont get it but i know i have alot to do to fix me....so single is ok for now! Glad im not alone out here!!!

I'll never understand this, but it seems to be the trend..

to me it's like.. "Hey baby, I want to do something that's going to guarantee I'll never be fat again." What kind of idiot says no to that?? Sign me up for a girlfriend that's not capable of gaining weight ever again please! lol.

Already got the girlfriend? Lol

I am single

Still single?

Hi all .. One thing I find weird is that some people seem to think that weight loss will solve relationship issues.. Or help you find someone..maybe it's just me but..I don't to be with someone who only wants to be with me cause I'm thin or look a certain way. I'm not doing this to find love or to lure a man. I'm doing this for me for my health and my own wants..not the wants of some hypothetical dude who wouldn't have looked at me twice pre op.

I get hit on alot!!!! Lol even at my highest 379! N getting along has never been an issue for me. Is not a cure to relationship issues

Single and ready to mingle! lol