Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

I took a new selfie recently. I need to take a full body one though. Down 130 since surgery.

Hot ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions on when to start dating after the sleeve? I dated quite a bit before and didn't have much trouble with my confidence, I figured they liked the fat me or they didn't. Now since deciding to do the sleeve, my confidence is way down and I'm wondering how to explain the scars and future saggy skin. I'm only 11 days out but just wondering if anyone has any insight.

Date whenever you want. If anyone you meet can't handle it then they're not for you. The way I see it, if they can't handle me at my worst then they sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Booyah!! And I started dating someone 3 months ago. He accepts me for who I am and views my struggle and journey as a thing of strength and beauty. As should you and anyone else that wants to be in my life. Love yourself first and everyone else will follow.

Just found this forum. Sleeved December 2nd. So looking forward to getting back in the dating game, I'm sick of being single!

I'm 7 months out and have been single a long time. Also "old". 62, but I teach 4-5 year old kids so you'd never know it! Wouldn't know how to act on a date but I'm interested in meeting new people.

Another single sleever here, in the Dallas TX area. I'd love to be in a relationship again, but I'd really like to just skip the dating part - so uncomfortable! LOL! No, seriously, I'm eager to have my first date in years, just hope I remember how to act. When I get a bit closer to goal I'm going to sign up for www.loveafterwls.com.

Im also singleeee and was just sleeved 3 weeks ago! Hoping to lose most of my goal weight by summer, we shall see :)

I want great conversation, someone who understand what I say, who understands I can't eat much of nothing...who I can go dancing or walking with...hopefully, something that will develop into a life time of happiness

I am curious how dating will be different. I'm only 5 days post op. So no lunch or dinner dates for me! Anyone want to go out for a Protein drink? It could last all night!

Karen

My Protein Shake diet would last 2 and a half hours...

I am curious how dating will be different. I'm only 5 days post op. So no lunch or dinner dates for me! Anyone want to go out for a Protein drink? It could last all night!

Karen

Hey Karen,

I became single about 4 months before my surgery and started dating about 1 month post op. I did and still go on lots of dinner dates. I usually order either just an appetizer or an entree that I know will be okay to take home as left overs. Sometimes I tell my date about the surgery, other times I don't. My experience eating out on dates, or just eating out with friends, is that no one really notices what you are and aren't eating. If you're self-conscious about it, unless you point it out to people, they just don't seem to notice! Also, a lot of my dates are happy to finish my food for me :)

Good luck!

I'm glad someone revived this thread!! Hey veterans. If you are getting updates let us know how is gone!! I'm am probably most worried about future sagging skin - I plan to me half my surgery weight size some day. I know I'll do plastics, but I don't want to wait years. I'm only 18 days out, and probably won't date until I'm about 40 more pounds down, I know my self confidence will go up then. Single mom, so dating is hard enough to begin with.

Anyone ever get bitter at first that men didn't want you bigger? I'm finally for the first time, not worried of I find someone smaller what will happen when I gain the weight back, that is so freeing knowing I can keep it off this time!!

Come on singles. This is an older thread but let's find the new singles and vets who want to chime in their experiences!

Heck yeah im bitter about men not wanting to date a fluffy chick. However in my last relationship my partner had gained so much weight that he didnt want to work, parent, do fun things, have sex, do chores. Nothing. So I can finally see a good reason not to date someone who is less active than yourself... leads to a lot of fights and heartache. And im not THAT active.

Its odd for me to think about how after surgery and weight loss that i will be one of those people who is looking for an active person to date.

I dont know weither to be flattered or insulted, it's like guys are talking to me know since I've lost some weight...where as before, I didn't get attention...WTF is wrong with men?!?!?